Thermaltake Mid-tower Element G Case

Nemo

This seems lie a pretty decent case.

The only thing that seems "OFF" to me is the rather large knob on the top of the case.

I realize the large knob makes it easier to adjust without having to hunt around for the knob in low light conditions (or something :wacko: ) but it just lok out of place to me.

Not really that big of a deal, if it was on the front of the case vs. the top I wouldn't even care but that just irks me for some reason.

*shrug*

I don't understand why they didn't include a window. With color-changing LED fans, it seems like it's a case that is supposed to get attention, yet they don't include a window so that the computer inside can be shown off as well.

I don't understand why they didn't include a window. With color-changing LED fans, it seems like it's a case that is supposed to get attention, yet they don't include a window so that the computer inside can be shown off as well.

Yes that's why I had the lack of a window there of as a con. The lest they could do as make one but I have yet to see something on their site. Perhaps I could write them about a potential wanted side panel window mod for Element G. Reason being is the Element T is customizable whereas it seems as if they thought G was good enough as is... I mean it can use 120mm fans in the front but that's actually optional too so are the 60mm x60mm fans for rear vga cooling. So why not have a window for the G why not also have one for the entire Element Series. Although it probably would have two or maybe three because I have no experience for the third element case period. Anyway long rant short if thermaltake reads this please enhance your new product line with a custom side panel like found in the Armor Series.

With the massive fan on the side I dont see the addition of the window allowing for a greatly increased view of anything but the drive cage! But then again i think I have grown past the case window thing and moved ont he the functionality of a case. The 2 220mm fans on my ABS Monolith push enough air through the case to keep the temperature inside the case the same as outside the case. :thumbs-up: for big quiet fans

With the massive fan on the side I dont see the addition of the window allowing for a greatly increased view of anything but the drive cage! But then again i think I have grown past the case window thing and moved ont he the functionality of a case. The 2 220mm fans on my ABS Monolith push enough air through the case to keep the temperature inside the case the same as outside the case. :thumbs-up: for big quiet fans

Yeah I know your talking about functionality over form but this case looks like its trying to showoff but how can it showoff with out a side panel window. I could understand it having these three 200mm+ fans with only a fan controller.. but from the look of the case and the changing LEDs it makes this case seem like it should be shown off at a lan and not something that's being overclocked to the limit.

Edited by Compxpert

Overall this case looks looks like a bit nicer than my Element S. I like the faceplate of the G as I end up having to open the door of my Element S to keep temps down. Considering the overall appearance of the case, the knob could have been done a bit better to not make it look out of place.

Thanks for the review!