Am I CPU limited

And that was a triple core made quad right?? an X6 would take care of it without a sweat :thumbsup:

Yup. I actually got higher FPS in some things with the Phenom II at 3.5 GHz versus my i7 at 5 GHz. :lol: So yeah - AMD CPUs handle multiple GPUs just fine. :cheers:

It's not fanboiism to state the truth. AMD CPU's suck at handling multi GPU's...

+1, whoever thinks otherwise obviously hasnt tri or quadfired with 5000 series GPUs or newer, the older ones hardly have power for the AMD CPU's to bottleneck

They really don't, but whatever.

Everone's entitiled to their own wrong opinion :P

I actually got higher FPS in some things with the Phenom II at 3.5 GHz versus my i7 at 5 GHz. :lol: So yeah - AMD CPUs handle multiple GPUs just fine. :cheers:

I dont believe that but whatever :lol:

Heck i did dual sli gtx260's with a phenom 2 940 overclocked to 4.10ghz and sli actually got me less.performance. It was laughable. Did the same thing with my 1366 i7 rig and got a 70% gain..... Lolwtf???damn amd board and chip.

I dont believe that but whatever :lol:

Well unless you think I doctored my Vantage runs I don't see why you wouldn't believe it. The scores are still up.

Claiming newer cards act differently in Crossfire is a stretch at best.

Well unless you think I doctored my Vantage runs I don't see why you wouldn't believe it. The scores are still up.

Claiming newer cards act differently in Crossfire is a stretch at best.

Vantage scores != gaming results

When I went from my Phenom II @ 4ghz to my i7 @ 2.66ghz I already got more FPS in actual games(like BFBC2) and that was with a single GPU.

When I went from my Phenom II @ 4ghz to my i7 @ 2.66ghz I already got more FPS in actual games(like BFBC2) and that was with a single GPU.

+1

Obviously. There are some games that perform better on AMD CPUs though...and with those multi-GPU setups rock.

You guys do remember I ran a nearly identical setup between my Phenom II and my i7 right? I'm not just guessing or making things up. :lol:

Obviously. There are some games that perform better on AMD CPUs though...and with those multi-GPU setups rock.

You guys do remember I ran a nearly identical setup between my Phenom II and my i7 right? I'm not just guessing or making things up. :lol:

I did too. But MINE is much more valid! :lol:

Obviously we had different results which means neither of us is wrong :cheers:

There are much more games that perform better on Intel, I cant remember nearly any DX11 games where AMD's top offering's beat out Intel's top offerings :lol:

If you tried running your 5970 on your old setup, it would perform like **** :lol: The 4870x2's in quadfire is only equivalent to two small 5770's :lol:

I did too. But MINE is much more valid! :lol:

Obviously we had different results which means neither of us is wrong :cheers:

Agreed. I saw some games run MUCH better with the i7, but there were a few that just felt...smoother...on the AMD chip. I only used the 3DMark example because the scores are easy to find and verifiable. Game test 2 runs significantly better on AMD (Phenom II, not FX...the FX just sucked at everything) hardware with true x16/x16 PCIe.

If you tried running your 5970 on your old setup, it would perform like **** :lol: The 4870x2's in quadfire is only equivalent to two small 5770's :lol:

You honestly have no clue what you're talking about. I'll leave it at that. :cheers:

You honestly have no clue what you're talking about. I'll leave it at that. :cheers:

Waco, I should introduce you to my good friends Pot and Kettle :rofl:

01-pot-calls-kettle-black.jpg

Waco, I should introduce you to my good friends Pot and Kettle :rofl:

Oh, right. I forgot you know more about my setup than I do. :lol:

If you think a pair of 4870X2s is the same as a pair of 5770s...and if you think the 5970 would perform like crap on my old setup...I have no words to help you. :lol: