Occ Wants You To Join Our Folding@home Team!

Nemo

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 8800 GTS has more folding power than a 2.4Ghz P4. With my 8800 I can submit a WU every 2 hours, my P4 after 6 hours is at 2% of 1 WU. Can I run both the cpu and gpu client at the same time on the same machine?

My 8800 GTS has more folding power than a 2.4Ghz P4. With my 8800 I can submit a WU every 2 hours, my P4 after 6 hours is at 2% of 1 WU. Can I run both the cpu and gpu client at the same time on the same machine?

Yes you can.

dont fold with old computers and PS3s, you are just wasting power, grab a cheap video card and for 100watts it will outdue 10 cpu folding rigs.

lets see this 3200+ get 230PPD and the video card gets 4k. thats 17x faster!

Still waiting on my package from OCZ...can't wait for it =P

Just so you guys know how serious I am about this contest, I am working on it to be similar to the christmas contest so lots of prizes. :) OCC staff will be included as well for this one :)

Just so you guys know how serious I am about this contest, I am working on it to be similar to the christmas contest so lots of prizes. :) OCC staff will be included as well for this one :)

You have my attention...

Basically I wanted you guys to have a heads up so you could get the folding up and running ahead of time. That way you are not fighting with it or trying to get it to work when the contest starts :)

So the contest just measures a single rig or an entire F@H farm?

In the past it was something like must be active during the given week... or 5 WU per month... or something along those lines.

Have to try an make it as fair as possible to those that have only one system, and usually an old one at that. Those that have a farm are rewarded just by the fact they are doing something good. :D

So the contest just measures a single rig or an entire F@H farm?

I have not decided how its going to go but I will prob doing a special prize or two for the guys that have the farms.