XFX R7790 Black Edition Overclocked Reviewed

Bosco

what version of firestrike did you use?

with the free edition of 3dmark i get 3522 score but that 7790 gets a whopping 4180

i highly doubt a 7790 is faster then my gtx 480 :/

and all hail the return of the gpu-z screen! ;P

Edited by WarWeeny

I use the professional version and run the default tests. I am also running a core i7 2600k at 4.4Ghz and 16GB of memory. Your CPU is the issue in the comparison, 4cores 4 threads vs. 4 cores 8 threads and 400Mhz higher clock speed.

You need to look at the results from the Extreme test where the CPU has less impact than the FireStrike standard test. That 7790 is also clocked up pretty high at 1251/1700Mhz so yes it gets that score and the rest of the results across all three 7790's I have tested have been very similar. 

I could put together a 750 equipped rig and prove it out but its to much time to put it together and run the tests. 

Thanks for the concern though.

Let me know what you get on the extreme test when you run it as I am sure the results from your 480 on your system should trump the 7790 on my system. 

The 7790 is a rocking little card on its own especially for the money! 

Let me know what you get on the extreme test when you run it as I am sure the results from your 480 on your system should trump the 7790 on my system. 

to bad i dont have any extra change lying around to buy the 3dmark :C

i guess the cpu is to blame for the higher scores, gamewise the gtx 480 is still miles ahead of what the 7790 does what it does so i guess im cool with it xD

review was good tho, and keep the gpu-z in there ;D

really missed that bugger from previous reviews (not counting this month and last month reviews)

Good review, I thought the 7790 came with Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon also.

Depends on the promotion. RIght now Sapphire has Bioshock Infinite.

There are so many promotions right now and NVIDIA is giving away the new Metro 2033 with a 660 and above.

Free games galore.

Good review, I thought the 7790 came with Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon also.

Depends on the promotion. RIght now Sapphire has Bioshock Infinite.

There are so many promotions right now and NVIDIA is giving away the new Metro 2033 with a 660 and above.

Free games galore.

I see that AMD has both Bioshock Infinite and Blood Dragon as part of the Never Settle bundle now, so it seems to come with every card at participating retailers.

Can't hate that, everybody loves free games.