I generated my first Bitcoin

El_Capitan

The cheapest way is to just use your work computer to generate bitcoins (since your company is paying the electric bills, and it's most likely their computer), but don't expect to generate much that way.

Seriously dude did you just advocate the "stealing" of your work place resources to generate Bitcoins?

I'm not saying that's what I do, or advocating it, it's just the cheapest way. People do the same with folding. Would it still be considered "stealing" if you're not making money out of it?
Yes, without a doubt.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cheapest way is to just use your work computer to generate bitcoins (since your company is paying the electric bills, and it's most likely their computer), but don't expect to generate much that way.

Seriously dude did you just advocate the "stealing" of your work place resources to generate Bitcoins?
I'm not saying that's what I do, or advocating it, it's just the cheapest way. People do the same with folding. Would it still be considered "stealing" if you're not making money out of it?
Yes, without a doubt.

Then we're getting into semantics.

It's "stealing" when you're doing anything non-work related while you're at work and supposed to be working.

It's "stealing" when you take office material (like your work laptop) home or on vacation and use it for non-work purposes (even if you used it at home or on vacation to do actual work).

On the other hand, companies steal from employees all the time, in the form of time.

It's "stealing" when you have to work overtime and don't get compensated. Say you make $50/hour salaried ($104k a year) and you work 80 hours in a week. 40 hours is standard, and usually 50 hours is expected on occasion. You do the math. If you don't work the extra hours, the chances for promotion or a raise will be less, and likelihood for being fired or the first to get laid off is higher. If you do work the extra hours, and don't get compensated, your expectation for a promotion or raise might be deemed higher in your opinion, but not guaranteed.

A company will "steal" more than an employee ever will, with less repercussions.

On par with that, say you got 3 workers paid the same salary. If a salaried worker gets his work done in 20 hours, he still has to work the extra 20 hours expected. Another worker that could have gotten his work done in 20 hours, but worked slow to get his work done in 40 hours. Then you got a worker that tried his best, but is slower than the other two and manages to barely get his work done in 40 hours. Is it "stealing" to work slower than your ability to?

Anyway, that's my rant on that.

lulwut

I'm with cappy on this one ^