100% cpu usage

Blackfire

Is that i3 single core or dual core? I see nothing wrong with your tasks except that you have a lot running. Your CPU usage isn't because of your media player alone though. :P 50 percent is about right if that's an HD video running in VLC and you don't have hardware acceleration of H.264 (the codec it's likely using).

Is that i3 single core or dual core? I see nothing wrong with your tasks except that you have a lot running. Your CPU usage isn't because of your media player alone though. :P 50 percent is about right if that's an HD video running in VLC and you don't have hardware acceleration of H.264 (the codec it's likely using).

well bro i have M330 (that's what my machine says) bro it is not about 50% but after my cpu usage 100% (in which media player uses 70-80%) movie stop playing smoothly and i see it running frame by frame with distorted voice and video which irritates me.

" you don't have hardware acceleration of H.264 (the codec it's likely using)." what do you mean by that pls explain

Follow these steps, hope it helps to solve this problem:

1. Press "Ctrl," "Alt" and "Delete" at the same time to display the Windows Task Manager.

2. Go to the Process tab to see a list of currently running processes on your computer.

3. Look in the CPU column and locate programs that are using many CPU cycles. High CPU cycles can cause the CPU

usage of a program to increase.

4. Right-click on the program and highlight "Set Priority" from the context menu. Select the "low" or "below normal"

option to change the priority of the program.

5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to change the priority of other programs with high CPU usage.