Are you getting StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm?

neddamttocs

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting StarCraft II: HoS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Yep :)

Yeah but me personally, I'll only play single player campaign or personal skirmish myself so the extra money I'm paying out would benefit me none as I'd not be acknowledging that extra bit of content to its fullest. I understand what you're saying and I can agree to a point but the game *itself* is still that old. (not to mention...wouldn't the custom maps/modes exist as a result of the players' efforts themselves who won't get any cut of the never lowering price; aka why am I not paying those who are *actually* responsible for the added content/replay value). Halflife 1 and its mods had a huge community and it still had a very affordable price of admission. That's all I ask from SC2, I know it's a good game and if I was ready to play it right this second, the $20 would likely be justifiable but any any cent more than that is too high for an impulse buy of a 3 year old RTS. That's just all IMHO though.

In addition to what Clay said... SC1 is STILL on Best Buy store shelves.  Name a game (outside of WarCraft 1) that has had that much time on a store shelf.  People have made serious money competing in StarCraft (like $200k / year contracts).  There really is no comparable game to StarCraft so its not surprising it holds its value as well as it does.  Of course that doesn't benefit the people who like to wait till games come down to bargain bin price.