Ultra (psu) opinions?

Hey guys,

DOes anyone have any opinions on Ultra PSU's? I found this (750w, fully modular, lifetime warranty), and it skyrocketed to the top of my list, if the company is reputable.

EDIT: So, I kinda pulled the trigger on this 850 w psu from Ultra. A generation earlier (x3 series, as opposed to x4), but it's listed as 850. Although, on the box it says 800... kinda worried now...

Edited by F13Bubba

I hated my Ultra 600W.....but enjoy!!

.... Thanks.....

How long ago was that? I know we just reviewed an Ultra 700w that got the silver award.

I'm now having huge buyer's remorse... and I haven't even gotten it yet. I should have spent the extra $10 for a XFX750 :(

Edited by F13Bubba

.... Thanks.....

How long ago was that? I know we just reviewed an Ultra 700w that got the silver award.

I'm now having huge buyer's remorse... and I haven't even gotten it yet. I should have spent the extra $10 for a XFX750 :(

I have been running an Ultra 600w for three years in a system just like mine except it has a Gtx 465 and only two hard drives we are folding@home and running the

system hard overclocking the GPU and the CPU.

I have an ultra 750W PSU and I've used it for about a year. Before that I had an ultra 650W and it is still kicking in my friend's computer.

Okay, I'm glad SOMEONE has a positive opinion. It looks like they've upped the quality recently, although I'm realizing that fully modular may be more of a gimmick than functional.

Okay, I'm glad SOMEONE has a positive opinion. It looks like they've upped the quality recently, although I'm realizing that fully modular may be more of a gimmick than functional.

90% of the time it's just a gimmick. I don't know why anyone would want a modular PSU, it's not like there aren't plenty of places to put spare cables. :P

90% of the time it's just a gimmick. I don't know why anyone would want a modular PSU, it's not like there aren't plenty of places to put spare cables. :P

Having a semi-modular psu in a mid tower really does save space. I don't know what I would do with all the cables in a tx750.

.... Thanks.....

:P I wasn't trying to be such a downer, I might have just had a bad egg. As you can see the majority of people haven't had any issues with their's!!

Still for $10, the extra 50W and known quality would have been my choice

:P I wasn't trying to be such a downer, I might have just had a bad egg. As you can see the majority of people haven't had any issues with their's!!

Still for $10, the extra 50W and known quality would have been my choice

Would have been 100w less, I got an 850. I'll be sending it back, and getting the thermaltake black widow 850