I'm serious this time! Help Me Decide!

Which PSU should I get?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which PSU should I buy?

• The Thermaltake, for sure.
    • The XION, for realz.

So, I made a thread a few months back about getting a new psu. However, that money went to buying a Pro Tools rig :evilgrin: . So, now that I have a job and some cash burning a hole in my pocket, it's time to actually pick up one of these bad boys!

Originally, I was think XFX 650w, or 750w. However, I have a friend who works at best buy, and get's anything for 6% over cost, so I can pick up this Thermaltake Black Widow 850W psu for $98. Is this a good psu? Or should I still roll with a XFX750w? Too bad best buy doesn't sell XFX psu's :(

UPDATE: So, after doing a little more research it is down to these 2 PSU's, the thermaltake mentioned above, or this XION psu. I'm likin the XION, because it's $95, and has an 80 plus GOLD rating.

Edited by F13Bubba

:withstupid:

get that now!

El_Capitan already did. Arriving on his doorstep tomorrow :)

Bubba - I think the TT is a solid buy at that price. Any other reputable brand in that range is going to cost $30 or more so I'd say go for it.

And disregard the blubber mouth who said in his review that single rail power supplies wouldn't handle modern systems. He doesn't have any idea what he is talking about. In fact I prefer a good solid single rail psu.........................

Bubba - I think the TT is a solid buy at that price. Any other reputable brand in that range is going to cost $30 or more so I'd say go for it.

And disregard the blubber mouth who said in his review that single rail power supplies wouldn't handle modern systems. He doesn't have any idea what he is talking about. In fact I prefer a good solid single rail psu.........................

Edit your first post then sir :P, linking quickly I though it was still forsale (aka without scrolling down)

No, I like single rail psu's, they are the best option in my opinion. It was the connectors for the cables he didn't like. Unless you're not talking about what I said at all haha. Btw, here's the review for the Xion unit.

Also, do you guys think I should buy it now, or wait until I have the money to get it and a 460. I'm slightly worried that my card is underamped, but I've had no problems

Edited by F13Bubba