AMD Athlon II X4 620 CPU Tested

Nemo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty impressive, for a CPU that can beat i5's which cost more then twice as much :lol: (Bold and underline incase anyone has issues with what I said...)

At what...... gaming! Did you see where it performs at in real multi threaded tasks against the i5?

Lets see first test Apophysis is gets spanked by 14 minutes Clock for clock it is that much slower

WinRar It loses every test period

Page 2 utter failure

Shall i get to the Sandra benchmarks Why yes I will ! wait it does win 1 of the benchs in sandra

POVRay sorry no joy here either

Cinebench eh hhhmmm Sorry it loses here as well!

FC2 2 FPS at 1920 tell me you can see that

3D06 Where the CPU has an effect on performance! Whoops loses here to!

3DMark Vantage At what point does the 620 come close?

I dont have a problem with what you said just the fact that you must not have looked at the graphs to see that..... well it does not compete! In clock speed dependent single threaded apps it still loses so the only part of your statement that carries any weight is the fact that yes this chip does cost $100, $80 less than an i5 750 can be had for. Add in the fact that the i5 can go well over 4.0GHz stable its a blood bath.

I think unless someone is flat broke but will benefit from four cores, than this will help but the x2 550 is like the same price and can be clocked to like 4.0+ghz (which would help more in gaming). This processors only claim to fame is that it's not bad at gaming...but in which case one should just buy a strong dual core like the 550 where gaming performance would be even better. Even in the argument of it being a cheap quad...it's not a very good performing quad.

I don't see the point in this CPU at all, I'm a big a fan of the Phenom II's but this was a disappointment, and even it's low debut price point can't make up for it. I'd rather have a Q8k series intel than this....and I HATE the Q8k series lol

Good job on the review Mr. Matson, but I won't be buying this one from you like I did the 940 :P

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Guest ajmatson
Awww.. :(

Ha Ha it is ok I am not selling it :) It is actually replacing my Athlon II Dual Core in one of my servers.

On the overclocking issue sure I can go screenshot stable at 3.5+ as well but I want to see them actually run benchmarks on them. If the Overclock fails a benchmark even once I go back and rework the overclock until I have not more instability at all for a through run.

Still when you say that it CAN beat the i5 you need to back it up. I don't see that at all! Its a great price point for a quad but I guess this one will do well for the masses in a bunch of prebuilts.

Ok, I am sorry, I am a gamer, I don't give a . about that other stuff...So there ya go. It beats, or has the almost the same performance as the i5 in !!GAMES!!

Ok, I am sorry, I am a gamer, I don't give a . about that other stuff...So there ya go. It beats, or has the almost the same performance as the i5 in !!GAMES!!

that doesn't necessarily make it good, your e7300 could probably give it a run for it's money (and then some if OC'd)