Powercolor 7970 LCS Review

Bosco

No, not difficult but many times damage is caused in the installation process. This should not be a manufacturer problem.

What I would like to see in the review is how Powercolor's installation of the waterblock looks on the inside. I've seen horrible jobs on TIM application and some pretty bad placement of thermal pads on stock coolers.

Even if I had this card with the block on it, I would just do my re-application on the card and waterblock as usual, anyway. I doubt anyone that puts it together at the factory will be as meticulous as I am. When you're an enthusiast, you do things right, or not at all. :P

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor water block design?

No, more like I didn't put heatsinks on the vram modules. It wasn't something that happened right away...lasted maybe two years? don't remember exactly.

No, more like I didn't put heatsinks on the vram modules. It wasn't something that happened right away...lasted maybe two years? don't remember exactly.

ahhh so user error just as I thought :P

So you broke it. :lol: