H80i issue

zyklon

The higher temp's you are seeing could be due to the OC not necessarly the cooler. Different boards over clock differently especially if you have any of the voltages set to auto or your using an auto overclock feature in the bios...

I'd say hyper is on to something. Have you manually overclocked the cpu or did the motherboard do it? If it was the motherboard, then you could probably lower the voltage by quite a bit. If my memory is correct, I use 1.25v to reach 4.3GHz. Hope that can give you a clue as to where yours will be.

I'd say hyper is on to something. Have you manually overclocked the cpu or did the motherboard do it? If it was the motherboard, then you could probably lower the voltage by quite a bit. If my memory is correct, I use 1.25v to reach 4.3GHz. Hope that can give you a clue as to where yours will be.

I've tried setting the CPU voltage to both Auto (cpuz reports 1.2v on load) and set it to Manually to like 1.1v even and only made a slight difference in temperature (2-4 degrees). 

Final update - I've put some washers and the backplate is now very secure. This dropped a couple of degrees! 

Anyway, I'm still not getting the temperature as low as it used to be before (p95 load temps: 60-65) but they are still decent. Will reseat the CPU when I get the chance as I've removed and reinstalled the block a couple of times now with the same thermal paste.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Congrats on the progress.  Things should improve a little bit more once you put a fresh application of thermal paste on.  Never a good idea to reuse thermal paste after it has been unseated the first time.  It can become contaminated and you can also introduce oxygen bubbles into some of the compounds after unseating and exposing to air.