The FX-8350 vs I5-3570k debate that has rustled the internet's jim

I've seen it on countless forums , there's this guy with his first review and benchamrking 

and now his second 
which has really made a fuss over at overclock.net and other forums! 

Okay, looks like I'm gonna start the discussion then :lol:

I have an AMD FX-6100 in my gaming computer, and it provides all the performance I need (and extra headroom too), I appreciate it is no i5 3570K, but it provides what I need. The fact is, for someone on a budget, Intel processors are very expensive. Something like an i5 3570K will cost you around

Edited by EuroFight

Okay, looks like I'm gonna start the discussion then :lol:

I have an AMD FX-6100 in my gaming computer, and it provides all the performance I need (and extra headroom too), I appreciate it is no i5 3570K, but it provides what I need. The fact is, for someone on a budget, Intel processors are very expensive. Something like an i5 3570K will cost you around

As an AMD owner  I am most interested in that hotfix they were talking about any one have info on this?

I am an AMD owner too. The hotfixes are available (see this article), but the performance boost is modest at best, with some reports suggesting little or even no performance gains in single or heavily threaded workloads.

I personally can't be bothered with the hassle, but it's up to you :thumbsup:

I see the misinformed "Intel is better for gaming" argument all the time. Even here the other week someone tried to argue this with red1776, the guy who reviewed the FX-8350 right here at OCC. (OCC Review, referenced thread)

The GPU is most important is such scenarios, and as the review shows, there is little to no difference between the FX-8350 and i7 3960x/3770k.

This is why I'm an AMDer. I use my PC primarily for gaming, so I'll get similiar performance for less $$ compared to Intel.

• Like 1

I like some of what this guy said, especially this crap of testing the systems at settings that do not in ANY WAY reflect real life. The fact he grabbed a nice mix of games and ran them as a gamer would is the way testing should be done. I have been standing at this pulpit for YEARS, nice to hear a few amens from the congregation.

I see the misinformed "Intel is better for gaming" argument all the time. Even here the other week someone tried to argue this with red1776, the guy who reviewed the FX-8350 right here at OCC. (OCC Review, referenced thread)

The GPU is most important is such scenarios, and as the review shows, there is little to no difference between the FX-8350 and i7 3960x/3770k.

This is why I'm an AMDer. I use my PC primarily for gaming, so I'll get similiar performance for less $$ compared to Intel.

The argument is not "intel is better for gaming" , it's the fact that most current games do not utilise say all 8 cores from an 8 core processor , they utilise 2 cores ! And intel is well known for having better performance when comparing core-core with AMD! Now , the evolution of gaming is going in such a way that newer games will be utilising more than say just 2 or 4 cores  , and these newer games will perform "better"  with an AMD processor! But for now in my honest opinion Intel takes the lead when it comes down to pure gaming performance.