Android web browsers

Stonerboy779

I use Dolphin, but I hate how whenever I try to scroll sideways to read something it opens the side bar.

Dolphin as well, and I hate that side bar thing so much. Only time I open it is by accident. :lol:

Why don't you guys turn it off? I turned it off because I never need to use it often only occasions then I just hit menus and add ins and all is good

Or just scroll from the middle of the screen, the side bars won't activate unless you try swiping from either sides of the screen... :rolleyes:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Opera but I think I am going to try out Dolphin since Opera gives me problems every once and a while. I just like the home page of Opera where I can save all my favorites like OCC :D

I use Opera but I think I am going to try out Dolphin since Opera gives me problems every once and a while. I just like the home page of Opera where I can save all my favorites like OCC :D

Same thing in dolphin and if your like me you will bind the new content page to a gesture so you can with a swipe of your finger bring up all the new stuff on occ

Only been on a Droid phone for a couple of months and the most I've done is root it and flash a custom ROM from XDA-Developers. Still using the stock browser, but gonna try out Dolphin since everyone is speaking so highly about it..

The stock browser in Froyo and Gingerbread are both pretty good. Guess you would have to be a heavy browser user to notice most benefits of a third party browser such as Dolphin. I've downloaded and installed it earlier. Have played with it a little buy haven't been overwhelmed by any stretch. Maybe as I discover cool new features I'll become a fanboy.

Edited by wevsspot

I used chrome on both my tablet and phone. It is definitely much better than most third party browsers except ICS Browser+. I am just hoping someday chrome's extensions will be brought to the mobile version.

Why don't you guys turn it off? I turned it off because I never need to use it often only occasions then I just hit menus and add ins and all is good

:mfp: It can be turned off?

Or just scroll from the middle of the screen, the side bars won't activate unless you try swiping from either sides of the screen... :rolleyes:

I like to read while I scroll since I'm a very fast reader. Center scrolling isn't very practical.

:mfp: It can be turned off?

yeah in fact i shall outline the simple steps :P haha

menu-more-settings-lab-enable swipe action (set it to off with a click)

Some of you may have your bottom bar permanent (yes it can be turned on and off too haha) and may just need to hit more and settings but thems the steps in the latest release of dolphin.

My bottom bar appears only when I click my physical menu button my ad-on bar to the side when i click add-ons in the bottom bar and my tabs appear at the top when i scroll up or when i click menu. I like it this way because I get 4" of web page. Part of the reason why dolphin is better than my stock browser because no screen real estate is wasted.