Need help! mobo not booting

First statement makes me think that the (20+4) 24 pin was put together and plugged in but what about the cpu power plug? (4+4) of which you would only be using 4 for that board...(asuming I looked at the correct board)

i plugged the 24 pin and 4 pin nice and tightly.

so ill repeat what happened:

corsair to asus f1 24-pin & 4-pin atx plugged, 2x4gb gskill ripjaws ddr3 f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl = no boot

asus f1 with generic 500w psu, 24-pin & 4-pin atx plugged, 2x4gb gskill ripjaws ddr3 f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl = boot

corsair to intel atom f1 24-pin (no 4pin atx on board), 2gb kingston = boot

corsair to acer aspire m1610 24-pin & 4-pin atx plugged, 2x2gb kingsotn ddr2 = boot

(figured the rams matter)

i did those again this morning and nothing happened..

tried this Jump Starting a PSU

and corsair's customer support "Ram Guy's" reply "If the PSU works on two separate systems then there is nothing wrong with the PSU."

:mfp:

Edited by bklixuz

well i brought it back to the shop and they tested it with different boards and psu's. out of luck and i decided to have the board. this is really strange...

Edited by bklixuz

i plugged the 24 pin and 4 pin nice and tightly.

so ill repeat what happened:

corsair to asus f1 24-pin & 4-pin atx plugged, 2x4gb gskill ripjaws ddr3 f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl = no boot

asus f1 with generic 500w psu, 24-pin & 4-pin atx plugged, 2x4gb gskill ripjaws ddr3 f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl = boot

corsair to intel atom f1 24-pin (no 4pin atx on board), 2gb kingston = boot

corsair to acer aspire m1610 24-pin & 4-pin atx plugged, 2x2gb kingsotn ddr2 = boot

(figured the rams matter)

i did those again this morning and nothing happened..

tried this Jump Starting a PSU

and corsair's customer support "Ram Guy's" reply "If the PSU works on two separate systems then there is nothing wrong with the PSU."

:mfp:

This is wired.

Take a multimeter & put the probes in the startup pins and see if there is any voltage difference or not. I think that will help you get some light.

do you guys know of a board compatible with an amd a6-3500 processor that i can SLI with?

while the board is available to be replaced with other boards ill just have it replaced with sli compatible..

Did you ask them to test your PSU with a multimeter? I bet no. This shop sucks. Find another.

Yea but it's hard to find a good shop where they'll listen to you. It's not the same as in the U.S

@OP, You could try and send your PSU back to your local distributor in the Philippines and tell them your problem. It may be troublesome if you're not in Manilla but chances are, the local distributor would be more helpful than any shop you find. If your PSU is still under warranty (which it should since you bought it not too long ago) then they might not even bother to test it and replace your unit right away.

Yea but it's hard to find a good shop where they'll listen to you. It's not the same as in the U.S

@OP, You could try and send your PSU back to your local distributor in the Philippines and tell them your problem. It may be troublesome if you're not in Manilla but chances are, the local distributor would be more helpful than any shop you find. If your PSU is still under warranty (which it should since you bought it not too long ago) then they might not even bother to test it and replace your unit right away.

i gave a call to the shop where i bought my corsair in manila and they are willing to replace it but i gave them word that it will be nxt week that i will have to decide to replace the psu if the replacement mobo will also not power up on corsair. but both shipping will be shouldered by me.

the shop where i bought the mobo is also willing to replace it with a f1a75m-le no charge but it will be this monday since its also gonna be shipped from manila. and i figured ill have the mobo first replaced.

but anyways, im starting to really not care of this issue for now im having regrets of not reviewing first what items to buy. im stuck with amd for now... should have went intel for sli support grrr... last upgrade was 7 years ago and it was after i have payed for the amd a6 & mobo that i started reviewing the market. :doh: wasted some money. could have bought a better mobo with it or an i5 2500k :cry:

do you guys know of a board compatible with an amd a6-3500 processor that i can SLI with?

while the board is available to be replaced with other boards ill just have it replaced with sli compatible..

PM me. I have a solution for ya.