Need help! mobo not booting

i recently bought a corsair tx950w and i decided to have it installed to a tech.

motherboard is an asus f1a55-m lx plus. we test it to boot with the corsair WITHOUT a vcard (still waiting for my vcard to arrive) but the mobo didnt boot.

unplug and plug the wires, remove the memories just in case this is what's causing but still it did not boot.

the tech grabbed a generic 500w psu and plug the cables and the mobo BOOT! so i got damn worried!

the tech's analysis is its because of the corsair's 950w power that the mobo can't boot alone (without the gtx570). they dont also have any vcard they can test with a minimum power requirement of 500w.

what's worst is iv read some threads that tx950 has incompatibilities with some asus boards!

but wat do you guys think? need help!

another question is do i need to buy a higher watt avr for the psu? i have a ups but its only 500va. here in philippines we usually have power flux and brownouts.

It means it's junk, dead on arrival =doa. I think you should find a new tech if he tried to boot a system without the memory cards in the slots.What Waco said is correct, if the psu is good it should boot with just the mb and memorym it don't need any video card at all because it has onboard chip with the cpu. I'd say you got a bad psu.:teehee:

So ya have the 24 pin ATX cable and 8 Pin CPU thing plugged in?

yap had them put together..

The PSU may still be bad. it needs o be checked with a multimeter. bad PSU's still put out power but maybe not enough for that board.

i hope this is not the case.. will keep trying to figure out whats wrong with it.

yap had them put together..

i hope this is not the case.. will keep trying to figure out whats wrong with it.

First statement makes me think that the (20+4) 24 pin was put together and plugged in but what about the cpu power plug? (4+4) of which you would only be using 4 for that board...(asuming I looked at the correct board)