Windows 8 Corruption and file permissions.

LETTERSTOTHEDEV

I have tested the consumer edition for the past day or so. First install it changes the security permissions for everything on all non-os hard drives so those become in-accessible to a dual boot of win 7 and in some cases 8 it's self, I was forced to reinstall it at least 5 times due to an unrelated issue so I ignored the problem, when I finally just wiped the OS drive and reinstalled 7 I had to manually enter all the values for file permissions before I could access my data. Thru-out the entire process I received corruption errors and windows repeatedly tried to chkdsk on every other boot. I reported the issue to microsoft only to find 20 or so people complaining of the same issues so I just wanted to warn any would-be testers that if you are going to give it a shot ensure it's not on or connected to any drive with important data or you may lose it. The odd part is I have 120,000+ songs and media player can no longer sort those songs even though I have repaired the permissions (as before it couldn't even access them) leaving my library one lump sum of random mp3 file names.

Edited by LETTERSTOTHEDEV