Don't you love it when someone trys to screw you over.....

Stonerboy779

Alright there are a few major ISPs mainly Telstra which has the greatest coverage and worst pricing. Then Optus (who we have) that have pretty decent speeds and prices.

Although guys don't complain about your prices too much my Nan gets 20Gb of Internet Data (ADSL 2+ only), line rental and non inclusive calls from Telstra for $150 a month. Because Telstra owns a monopoly pretty much on quite a few country areas and they rip people of for it.

There are a few unlimited broadband plans but the affordable ones come from slower and less consistent providers. I could get an unlimited plan for a $150 a month but saving $50 and still technically getting unlimited data is favourable. It's just unlimited speeds to 500Gb making it better than Telstra again that prefers to charge for every Mb past.

I understand the pain of monopolizing ISPs Speed I cringe when I see what gets done to my Nan. If she where living in our area she could get the exact same speeds data and everything for $40 to $50.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh.. Comcast is usually not too bad out here, sure they pull the sheet over your head is you're not smart enough.. But they're too smart to keep it up once someone with a braincell calls them out on it.

However.. The modem they sent me is almost 10 years old, and has coffee "tar" stains on it and severe scratching, plus a plastic chip missing near the power jack.. I swear this thing wastes out entire potential even on this crappy "economy" package we have going.

First thing we order our new internet package, we're getting our own modem. And they're getting this back with a few more scratches on it..

-Edit: So basically, they used to be too smart to try and cheat customers who knew the drill.. But apparently that's beginning to change. I fully intend to take advantage of everything I can with them from now on, until their customer service reps learn a little respect. Including abusing my unlimited bandwidth by starting completely unnecessary servers for games I don't even play. They want to be intentional jerks, I intend to rip every penny I can out of this service.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

Heh.. Comcast is usually not too bad out here, sure they pull the sheet over your head is you're not smart enough.. But they're too smart to keep it up once someone with a braincell calls them out on it.

However.. The modem they sent me is almost 10 years old, and has coffee "tar" stains on it and severe scratching, plus a plastic chip missing near the power jack.. I swear this thing wastes out entire potential even on this crappy "economy" package we have going.

First thing we order our new internet package, we're getting our own modem. And they're getting this back with a few more scratches on it..

-Edit: So basically, they used to be too smart to try and cheat customers who knew the drill.. But apparently that's beginning to change. I fully intend to take advantage of everything I can with them from now on, until their customer service reps learn a little respect. Including abusing my unlimited bandwidth by starting completely unnecessary servers for games I don't even play. They want to be intentional jerks, I intend to rip every penny I can out of this service.

I thought Comcast had a 250GB data cap for all their plans?

We recently had Charter move into our area, their service is absolutely terrible and they have a 100GB data cap on the plan we're on. Which isn't really unmanageable but it's pretty annoying when I can't do legal stuff on the internet, much less illegal stuff, which they send me letters for. They really know how to put the customer first. :teehee:

Before them we had US Cable, which was a pretty decent ISP, they probably overcharged us a bit for the service we were getting compared to some ISPs. However, in comparison to ISPs like Charter, Comcast, or any other ISP with a data cap, US Cable was like a best friend.

which ISP are you with stonerboy?

i'm with netspace personally and they've been pretty good to us over the years. just last year they upgraded us to 80GB p.m. (40gb on peak, 40 offpeak) 1MB/s Down for no extra cost. Currently paying $69pm. we were on 30GB (15 on & 15 off) at 150KB/S down. admitedly both plans no longer exist for new customers anymore.

in saying that i live in narre warren south and apparently its the black hole for ADSL-2 coverage as no-one offers it for our street.

which ISP are you with stonerboy?

i'm with netspace personally and they've been pretty good to us over the years. just last year they upgraded us to 80GB p.m. (40gb on peak, 40 offpeak) 1MB/s Down for no extra cost. Currently paying $69pm. we were on 30GB (15 on & 15 off) at 150KB/S down. admitedly both plans no longer exist for new customers anymore.

in saying that i live in narre warren south and apparently its the black hole for ADSL-2 coverage as no-one offers it for our street.

Haha Narry Warren South I used to have a job in a nursery in Narry Warren North.

With Optus paying $110 for unlimited calls to national landlines and mobiles. With 500GB of Internet data with no fees for busting the cap just a speed limiting. No peak or off peak and it's cable with ~10ms pings to melb with 31-2 down and 1.5-2 up being limited my the Docsis 2 router.

I am pissed I can't get the Cisco modem because the battery that is in it is really needed in the rare chance of power outage would suck to loose the phone.

Will be talking with an online service rep to see what there opinion is on as to wheather or no Cisco has stopped manufacturing the router which I highly doubt is the case.

No chance of a better deal with anyone for you? Does iinet service your number? They have pretty good deals and coverage I am getting my Nan with them the second her Telstra contract runs out in a month or two now.

I thought Comcast had a 250GB data cap for all their plans?

We recently had Charter move into our area, their service is absolutely terrible and they have a 100GB data cap on the plan we're on. Which isn't really unmanageable but it's pretty annoying when I can't do legal stuff on the internet, much less illegal stuff, which they send me letters for. They really know how to put the customer first. :teehee:

Before them we had US Cable, which was a pretty decent ISP, they probably overcharged us a bit for the service we were getting compared to some ISPs. However, in comparison to ISPs like Charter, Comcast, or any other ISP with a data cap, US Cable was like a best friend.

Not out here. I typically stay under 250GB, but there's probably been 4 months in the last 2 years I easily topped 500, maybe even 600GB lol.

in response to the original question: It would be easier to answer who hasn't tried to screw me over.

Though in the last 2 years, it's been happening less and less. I guess when they see a customer's age and realize they're a "young adult" they just try to pull every bit of crap they can on you as if you're natively gullable... Or something like that. Because I'm still pretty young (23) but for some reason since I turned 21 there haven't been as many blatant attempts to screw me out of something.

Though I'm not saying they've stopped entirely. For the ones that still try, I just act like a major d.ck, request to speak to any supervisor I can, and raise a stink. Yelling typically tells them that you won't be a customer long, and they don't get paid enough to deal with a customer who's just being a stubborn troll.

Cricket's been screwing me for 4 months now. Paying for voicemail, but never got it. Everytime I called, they'd tell me in some barely intelligible Indian accent that I'm basically a moron, and do nothing about it.

So I decided to pick my crankiest time of day (morning, before coffee, just after getting Emily to school) to call them today..

And man did I fly off the handle, I went apecrap on them: They reset the voicemail in their system. And suddenly, her voicemail works.. Lol, sometimes you just gotta yell like a banshee. :whoa::whistling:

40Mbps down/20Mbps Up for $55. I love big cities.

LUCKY!!!

We only get those kind of deals as "new customer" incentives. Since we're already a customer with comcast out here, I just called today to switch to 25Mbps DL/ 6Mbps UL (advertised as 30, but that's counting "powerboost) and I'm paying $80 a month. And that's a good deal compared to last year, where they were charging me $80 for the 16Mbps package.. They never seem to keep prices around here, luckily though once you sign up your price doesn't change if you remain a customer (minus ending of new customer prices after a 6-12 months.)