Windows 8 Metro UI Petition!

90sgamer

I started a Petition at iPetitions:

MS: Allow an Option to Disable Metro UI in Windows 8

Sign it if you want! The desktop enthusiast community isn't big, but our voice must be heard!

Lets get the ball rolling!

EDIT:

I made a Facebook page as well:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MS-Allow-an-Option-to-disable-Metro-UI-in-Windows-8/198856980216349

Here is my blurb:

"As many computer enthusiasts know, Microsoft has developed a new user interface for Windows 8 called Metro UI. This is a gigantic departure from traditional desktop functionality.

While this new UI seems perfectly suited for tablet PCs with touch screens, many people believe it hinders normal desktop and notebook use via a mouse and keyboard.

This petition is to show Microsoft that there is a huge community out there that want the OPTION of having a traditional desktop experience, start button and all. We simply want a setting capable of disabling or re-enabling the Metro UI. "

Edited by 90sgamer

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that disabling the metro UI was an option. I swear I saw that in some video a while back.

You could do it with a registry hack on the Developer preview, but now they have removed that option, and since the start button is gone from the desktop, you have to use the Metro UI.

@d6bmg I don't like it because it gets in the way of a normal desktop experience, and the tile size, layout, etc is specifically built for touchpads/screens. Its just like a console port game that the devs clumsily tried to port the controls and interface over to a mouse and keyboard from a controller. This results in a sub-par experience compared to a program designed for the equipment you have.

Edited by 90sgamer

Now +1 as I've installed win 8 in vmware and no option to remove metroUI is very bad and even worse, I can no longer disable it from registry. :-(

Hopefully the option would be there in final release.