The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Just came back from watching it, it was good. Throw in some "Truman Show" in there as well, but it was a good solid movie, even if a little long. Better it done good than short and unfulfilling.

Yea. Waco and I went and saw this afternoon as a last hurah as spring break comes to an end and classes start again Monday.

I thought it was pretty good -- I haven't read the books so I thought though it was long it still missed explanation of little things, but it didn't ruin the movie. Could have cut out 20-30 minutes easy and still had the same effect but it was indeed a good movie. Loved the cannons and explosions!! Made the people next to me about fall out of their seat. haha :lol:

Yea. Waco and I went and saw this afternoon as a last hurah as spring break comes to an end and classes start again Monday.

I thought it was pretty good -- I haven't read the books so I thought though it was long it still missed explanation of little things, but it didn't ruin the movie. Could have cut out 20-30 minutes easy and still had the same effect but it was indeed a good movie. Loved the cannons and explosions!! Made the people next to me about fall out of their seat. haha :lol:

Heh, now I'm about to read the books, lol. I hear the grammar isn't that good, and it's in 1st person... my fiance was certainly tense and jumpy throughout the movie. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ftJQmyv5E

Hell yea! Airs Saturday, April 14, 2012, at 11AM EST.

The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of Avatar: The Last Airbender and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City – a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang’s son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

:woot: I saw they had two leaked episodes out but I still have to watch them (most likely will at work tonight ;) )

Anime:

Black Lagoon: Had these for so long and am slowly finishing them now, great series!

Legend of Korra: I know this will be awesome but I'll comment more once I actually start it!

Movie:

Invictus: I really really liked this movie, it had a really great story behing it and was really inspiring. (and Rugby is badass)

Religuous: Being that I'm already a non believer, this served more as a comedic touch to my flight to Texas last week but still it'd be great to get some heavy in the faith to really think about things. (Bill Maher fan here)

The Lorax 3D: I thought this was pretty neat as it was sort of like a retelling of the original with a slight sequel touch to it. Definitely could have skipped the 3D portion of it as it didn't add anything other than a couple extra dollars to line the movie theater's pockets.

Drive: Really awesome revenge/action/light (and I mean LIGHT) romance, great car scenes and feel good payback!

Thor: I really enjoyed the movie but it seemed a tad short. It did surprise me at certain times with the plot as I didn't expect *certain people* to make *certain decisions*.

TV Show:

Walking Dead: The show seems to be getting a tad better because I was about to give up after the first waste of space, half of the second season. Still have to watch the last three episodes though so no spoilers (unless to tell me to save my time haha)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I've been watching the Swedish Extended Version of the 'The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo' trilogy.

Gonna start the 2nd episode of part two tonight.

Have you seen the american one?? I really liked it and heard it's more true to the book (which I'll probably never read)

My family has seen the swedish ones and liked them, I plan to eventually get around to them

I just now finished up the last twilihght movie, these are actually good movies, I can't believe I waited so long to start watching these!

I'm so excited, I went right on to Amazon and bought the books too.

:D

EDIT:

April Fools!

Bwahahahaha!

-.-

I just now finished up the last twilihght movie, these are actually good movies, I can't believe I waited so long to start watching these!

:D

:pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp:

:pfp: x14

They were really good!

:dunno: