Bad day thread

Pteroduck

While some might find it a good day, for me yesterday was a bad day...

• Dental appointment revealed I need over $4000 worth of work done...
  • Thermast in our bedroom caught fire and wife put it out before it took off.
  • Truck brakes are in need to repair, started squealing yesterday
  • My daughter got an eviction notice from her apartment
  • Some software I was testing trashed my main gaming system....

I know it could be worse but seriously..... Feel like I lived through a country music song.

Who in their right mind would find that to be a nice day? i read the first point and i already shuddered

The house did NOT burn down... Plus my computer was already scheduled, by me, to be wiped and rebuilt this weekend.

Today will be a very bad day indeed. I finished loading up the car. My back is killing me from yesterday and its so bad that I can't even stand up straight. :( I've got class in a little under two hours, then I'm hitting the road for 5-6 hours and heading down to Miami. 

Today will be a very bad day indeed. I finished loading up the car. My back is killing me from yesterday and its so bad that I can't even stand up straight. :( I've got class in a little under two hours, then I'm hitting the road for 5-6 hours and heading down to Miami. 

Man-Up, boy!!  You can do it.  Take a few Advil and suck it up.  Good Luck.

Man-Up, boy!! You can do it. Take a few Advil and suck it up. Good Luck.

I don't bother with pain medication anymore. I used to be on lortab, ibuprofen, and some other one and I hardly saw any improvements. I was drowsy and tired all the time from the pills. Back injuries ftl. I'm all done loading and checking the car though! :D Class in half an hour, and then drive time in an hour.

That blows, dude. I was all excited to use my laptop on an 11 hour plane flight once. Right as I get to the airport, I fire it up to charge it, and I kept getting BSODs instantly. My Windows install corrupted. :( 

Well, was getting everything together tonight to leave for Texas tomorrow, step mother had me check her computer chair as it was wobbling so I did. Found the issue and was in the process of fixing it. Now, while doing this, my laptop is hooked up to her net in the same room downloading updates getting ready to be imaged. In comes my father to "Help" with the chair.

The room the PC in is small, I mean small.

Father plops down when I'm about done fixing the chair and all the sudden "THUNK". . . . . . laptop + ground = now dead HDD. I get up to get on a bus in 10 hours that starts a 34 hour bus/train/bus trip to Texas and now I have no working laptop for movies, music and absolutely no time or money to buy/install/and setup another HDD. I am now the proud owner of a paper weight.

I know my father means well and he wants to feel useful but there's a reason I end up fixing their cars, fixing everything around their house and why I'm going into design engineering. I swear, if I ever have children smarter and better at a given task than me, I'ma enjoy the fact that they are fixin my shit free of charge and leave em at it lol.

oh man that sucks. Well theres always radio music.. haha

Found out why my shoulder has been hurting so bad lately. Turns out I have impingement syndrome.

Here's a copypasta from WebMD defining it.

Impingement syndrome occurs when the shoulder joint pinches the tendons and bones. It can cause pain, especially when lifting the arm over the head or behind the back. It also can cause weakness in the shoulder. Impingement syndrome usually happens from aging or from an activity that involves repeatedly lifting your arm over your head, such as tennis, swimming, or baseball.

The symptoms of impingement are often mild at first. It may start as pain and soreness after activity. Or you may notice pain when you try to lift your arm. Over time, the symptoms usually get worse. You may start to notice the shoulder hurts at night or when you're resting. Most cases of impingement are treated with rest, anti-inflammatory medications, and physical therapy. But in some cases, chronic impingement can lead to a tear in the rotator cuff.

Overall, its not fun. :( My right arm is useless, more or less.