Splitters and Router question/help?

Psywar

I will let you all know what I end up doing.

Optical Networks.... I doubt I will ever see one in this area haha!

luv that you're taking care of gramma,... good job kiddo !!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I  

I will probably just hook up the printer and see if it works.

But hey at least if it does not work, I know that there could be a conflict! So thanks for that bit of info!

Good luck.  I'm almost certain that your router supports usb printing via wired and wireless devices.  You may need the Netgear Genie APP to enable it, but I could have swore that your particular printer is on that list.

UPDATE:

So I was playing with the coax cables Sunday and I noticed that while I was messing with them the tv signal was going "jumpy" and what not.

So I went home and made up 3 new coax cables with new connectors. I added in a new splitter and now everything is working great.

I guess the cables that were being used were shot or at least the ends were bad or something.. 

I am so glad that fixed it because I did not want to have to re-run any new cables through the house lmao!

good deal... I was going to say if you needed info on the comcast stuff I have the amplifiers and splitters installed and could snag the numbers... you do not want the modem on the amplified line.

i had to go to a motorola 6120 docsis 3 modem on our charter cable because the rinky dink docsis 2 modem they provided (rented) was SSSLLLOOOOOOWWWW and it was making me crazy,..and i imagine grammy's provider isn't much better...so this just food for thot if ever money or speed becomes an issue...

Oh got a text message at work this morning from grandma. Internet is out.. I guess that did not work..

Looks like I will be running a new wire from the source to the bedroom lol!

yeah Comcast is updating... they have a totally new system coming out very soon....

TV, Modem, Router and VoIP all in one box....it's pretty sick

In my line of work it sounds pretty terrible lol.