Wierd Temp Issue

This is what I have:

Motherboard : Evga X58 Sli3 Motherboard

CPU            : I975 Bloomfield CPU

Heatsink      : Thermaltake Spin Q

Playing BF4. system reboots out of the blue.. So loaded Everest Ultimate and kept track of temps on the CPU. Below are what I have noticed so far

Go into Bios and left it on the screen for like 30 mins or so and temp reached to 50-52 Celsius 

Go into OS and stays idle at 36C

Playing BF4, temp reaches to 49C and stays there

When it reboots, it goes to 80C but after it reboots, it stays at 49C while playing BF4..

I am guessing I need to redo the paste?

Thanks for any ideas

Edited by Gremlin

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those temps seem about right, when you boot the cpu is going full tilt so the cpu temp will shoot up ,but once windows loads they drop back down, your temp in b4 seem about the same or lower than mine, it never hurts to redo the paste but you might have other issues.

I also play Assassin Creed Black Flag and it is fine. 

I am using EVGA GTX 580. Driver to be honest I don't remember but it is the previous version of the driver that caused a lot of problems for people. PSU is Corsair 1000... 

Should I run 3d Mark to see how it does? 

Do you have an overclock on that cpu?

If so, it would be wise to set it to stock clocks for now to see if the cpu is the culprit.

Running prime 95 (blend) would also be an option to see if your cpu or ram is unstable.

No OC at all.. forgot about prime95 will try that tonight.. 

Personally i prefer Realtemp over Everest in terms of temperature reading, maybe you can check both Everest and Realtemp to see what temperatures you are getting.

Just in case Everest gives false temp readings.

Hey Grem,

If everything else checks ok, revert to GeForce driver 314.22 or 327.23

You'll get a message when you first fire up BF4 telling you that you're not running the correct graphics driver for BF4........ ignore that error and play the game any way.

See what happens.

On my GTX 570s any driver after 327.23 was problematic (and specific to BF4 only) everything else worked ok.