hello and thank you for having me occ! [1st post]

xbit

Hello all @ occ! very awesome looking board you have here w/ a great community.

I'm an old school tech guy, well older than some not as old as others. I traded in my sega genesis (16bit) for my first computer back when the 468 was top dog. It was a 486sx 25 and it changed my world, that's for sure. Now, I may be one of the first to ever OC and I didn't even do it on purpose :) Reading my "easy data 486" manual i noticed that if you upgraded your CPU to a 486 33 you needed to change a jumper pin on the motherboard. I did this just to see how easy it was to remove the pin and place it back. It was an uneventful test and I had full intention to place it back to the 25 setting but i was pulled to dinner and forgot. Well, after my nums I put the case lid back and booted up the bios told me I had a 486sx 33. But, being very new to PC's I didn't know that it actually OC'ed my CPU so I thought no way could this be true. I didn't want my PC lying to me so I switched it back :| i was such a noob i didn't even know I was being awesome :)

Anyway, after my 30 free days of prodigy online ran out I found the amazing world of the local BBS. I went on to run a very popular BBS (spitfire bbs one node) myself for quite a few years. btw, for people that don't know what a BBS is, was the internet before the internet :) but that's another topic. 

Well, years later I'm in the tech field and once again built a home system for fun (bench tweaks) and games. The system that I'll have questions on in other areas on OCC can be found here: http://x-bit.org/blackdragon

thanks again OCC.

welcome to occ, it's always nice to have another new oldtimer in the community ! ...pretty nice system you got there !

Anyway, after my 30 free days of prodigy online ran out I found the amazing world of the local BBS.

Oh man, that brings back memories.  I remember our first 486 and going onto prodigy with my awesome monochromatic orange monitor!  Things were so different then it's hard for me to remember how they really worked.

Awesome looking PC btw.

Welcome to OCC :)

My family's first pc had a 75mhz IBM proc in it and after I got a lil knowledge I upgraded it to an intel 100Mhz I think it was and it was twice as fast as the IBM chip lol