i5-4670k Build for friend! Opinions?

TCcomputers29

That is pretty much what I'd build if buying an all knew spec'd computer right now, excellent everything haha

haha, yea, except I wouldn't have gone with the Level 10 GT...I really wanted him to get the Trooper but nooooooooooo...lol. Solid Rig, loads windows in literally seconds :O Gotta get myself a Samsung 840 pro...

Or any half decent SSD, there are other SSDs besides the 840 lol. Alot of people don't realize that :P

Yea I do realise there are more SSDs out there lol :P but what I meant was, the 840 pro seems to be a trustworthy SSD. I want to be able to feel 'safe' about my data lol. I recently found out OCZ SSDs are pretty bad in terms of long term use...Sad.

Are you basing that off others or personal experience?? I've had no issues with my OCZs, just know how to do a firmware update successfully.

I installed start8 since eveyrone recommends it

it costs 5$ but now I do hate windows8 a lot less

took me like 5mins to find the 'turn off' button the first time I used windows 8

I have many OCZ drives and some are over 3 years old and are fine

I did have to RMA one 60GB drive a few years ago but it had lasted 2+ years

Windows 8 is fine imo. About the OCZ ssds, I did not mean to offend anyone...I have not owned an OCZ SSD before but I have been reading forums about a lot of faulty drives. It just got me concerned about the reliability of their SSDs. I would expect an ssd to last well over the life of a HDD. But I guess not everything is perfect. Also is OCZ in a financial mess right now?

I think you see more OCZ horror stories since, for awhile, they had the best valued drives around and GREATLY outsold any other brands who were asking much more for their drives. With more out there, there are going to be more to fail. Naturally less people are going to go out of their way to boast about something's greatness but if something has wronged them they will be very outspoken in their criticisms.

I'm not offended, just simply wanted to offer my experiences as I figured it was the word of mouth you heard from.