Review request

TheHostileGamer

I've been coming to this site for years now, and I must admit that I haven't seen as much modding or overclocking "experiments" as I have seen in the past. Is it due to products being locked down alot more or is it a risk of damaging review samples?

If there is a way to showcase some more of those type of things I think it would be awesome!

Examp. thread: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=190128

I've been coming to this site for years now, and I must admit that I haven't seen as much modding or overclocking "experiments" as I have seen in the past. Is it due to products being locked down alot more or is it a risk of damaging review samples?

If there is a way to showcase some more of those type of things I think it would be awesome!

Examp. thread: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=190128

Basically it comes down to a lack of time usually.

Lol I thought this website was Bosco's lil cash cow!

What about more benefits for paid subscriptions to increase revenue, and maybe getting some more reviewers?

Maybe instead of reviewing stuff like fans or cases as much, use the time tio stick to CPU's, video cards, mobo's and the "enthusiast" level of overclocking and modding those?

Just throwin ideas out there please dont take it as complaining :)

Maybe instead of reviewing stuff like fans or cases as much, use the time tio stick to CPU's, video cards, mobo's and the "enthusiast" level of overclocking and modding those?

There is only so much of that to review. What does the site due to support itself in between?

There is not enough revenue in the industry anymore to do a lot of modding. A few things here and there ya, full time no way. :(

I actually did a TEC block review that involved modding my case, motherboard and ultimately I ended up losing the motherboard (my own, that I paid for myself) because of the pcb lacquer getting into the PCIe slots (gave a very dodgy connection that couldn't be cleaned and I gave up trying to desolder them ... I even have some PCIe slot connectors that I was going to use to fix the board)

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/swiftech_mcw6500t/

The review took an eternity and I would probably never, ever, do a review again that involves that much modding... it just is too much work / time... maybe if you're a student or unemployed it would be possible lol

The review took an eternity and I would probably never, ever, do a review again that involves that much modding... it just is too much work / time... maybe if you're a student or unemployed it would be possible lol

+1, the in depth reviews of OC'ing and mod's can only be left to people like at Tom's Hardware where they pay staff full time to do reviews like that.

I much like OCC as it's a more close nit community where the average Joe can talk to the reviewers since their not always busy doing reviews and such. smile.gif

Edited by MJCRO

+1, the in depth reviews of OC'ing and mod's can only be left to people like at Tom's Hardware where they pay staff full time to do reviews like that.

I much like OCC as it's a more close nit community where the average Joe can talk to the reviewers since their not always busy doing reviews and such. smile.gif

+1. Though i would not object to being paid to do some serious modding. That would be awesome.