Unofficial CHEEEEEESE Thread

Andrewr05

let me know when you two get ur cheeeeeez

The package arrived here Friday, Nice little chunk of Maple Smoked Cheddar. It was packaged well with a freezer pack thingy to keep it cool. The cheese was a liltle warm from sitting in my mail box. I put it in the fridge to cool. Well, on Saturday night I opened the cheese up and sliced off a couple peices. After peeling off the wax covering, the cheese is a nice pale white color and had a faint smoky aroma. The flavor of the cheese was a nice smoky cheddar and quite good. I would rate this cheese a 9.5 on a scale of 10.

Many thanks to you Andrew for the chance to sample this cheese from your home state.

I may ask for cheese, though not sure how well it'd survive being in the mailbox for any length of time. With the exception of Thursday and Friday, it's supposed to be around 90 for the next couple weeks.

Awesome kyfire, I'm glad you enjoyed it and that it arrived in good shape.

Smoked cheese is fantastic isnt it? ;)

@Troy i dont think it would really matter, cheese wont really go bad unless it sat uncovered in direct sunlight for an extended period of time. It should ship fine I'd think.

All cheese is fantastic, smoked just makes it better!  :)

@Troy...yea, the package mine arrived in was insulated and there was a chill pack in with the cheese, so a few hours in the mail box shouldn't hurt it.

I got my cheese too, thanks Andrew! :D Its surprisingly good. The first bite was a little weird because I wasn't used to the smoked flavor on a cheese, but its really different and tastes great! 

@Troy i dont think it would really matter, cheese wont really go bad unless it sat uncovered in direct sunlight for an extended period of time. It should ship fine I'd think.

@Troy...yea, the package mine arrived in was insulated and there was a chill pack in with the cheese, so a few hours in the mail box shouldn't hurt it.

Alright, well in that case then send some my way when you have a chance. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...