AMD A10-6800K & A10-6700 Richland APU Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey now...hey now.jpg 5ghz,...it's about time !

this is not very stable but it's fun...hasn't crashed yet...i tried some intel burn test max and temps got right up to tjmax...

scratch that,....as soon as i put intelburntest on it, it froze up,....rebooted...

hey now...attachicon.gifhey now.jpg 5ghz,...it's about time !

this is not very stable but it's fun...hasn't crashed yet...i tried some intel burn test max and temps got right up to tjmax...

Congratz! CJ :cheers: now you just need a bespoke loop hehe

heheh,...waht the heck is bespoke loop ? :blink: thanx red !

heheh,...waht the heck is bespoke loop ? :blink: thanx red !

Custom watercooling. :)   Well I can't get 5.0GHz out of mine, so you either have a better chip...or more talent...I'm going with the first if you don't mind  :rolleyes: :P

it's this motherboard and bios red, i'm almost certain, i'm not doing anything out of the ordinary...i tried pushing everything to "extreme" and failed miserably,....i set everything back to "standard" and changed the uefi to "asus optimized" changed a few settings in advanced, and it worked....the board and bios floats and fluctuates voltage as needed to where it needs it most, and it's all designed into the package,....asus used high end vrm's and components to support it all, and that's it,....one of the best i've ever had the pleasure of working with...i'd love to see what else they have cooked up for this next year at computex right now !...

it's this motherboard and bios red, i'm almost certain, i'm not doing anything out of the ordinary...i tried pushing everything to "extreme" and failed miserably,....i set everything back to "standard" and changed the uefi to "asus optimized" changed a few settings in advanced, and it worked....the board and bios floats and fluctuates voltage as needed to where it needs it most, and it's all designed into the package,....asus used high end vrm's and components to support it all, and that's it,....one of the best i've ever had the pleasure of working with...i'd love to see what else they have cooked up for this next year at computex right now !...

The Richland has a new set of detection algorithms for faster switching of resources as the workload demands. Between that and the new power architecture that holds the turbo throttle longer. it's why the performance exceeds the frequency bump. if you play with the capacitance settings/phase control you may be able to tweak up the switching frequencies a bit more and get even more performance and or lower voltage out of it.

I reviewed that board and it is amazing piece of work isn't it!? :)

oh hell yea, it was your review that led me to this mobo,  it's amazing,...i'm in the process of doing a full system image backup right now so that i can go in and do some hard tweaking, so if i kill it i'll have something to fall back on...

oh hell yea, it was your review that led me to this mobo,  it's amazing,...i'm in the process of doing a full system image backup right now so that i can go in and do some hard tweaking, so if i kill it i'll have something to fall back on...

Cool, always happy when someone is happy with a recommendation from a review.

hey if you go and Download this bit of software :

AMD Resource Monitor

It will illustrate the resource load switching we were talking about. it's kinda cool to watch how freakishly fast AMD has made the resources go where they are needed and best utilized according to the type of workload being executed.

*** if you hit the direct key it will wisk you away to the BIOS so you can load a preset OC configuration.

Just curious how I go about crossfireing the onboard 8000 with the 7970 ? Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask...