GTX 580 Reviewed

Bosco

Yes, Dave and I were discussing this when I did the editing. It's the nature of the Flash charts OCC uses. Dave and co are looking at a solution to this issue. I suggested paper and crayons but that was deemed too labour intensive rolleyes.gif

Could normalize the data relative to the reviewed item, so we can see how things perform just against it. Of course that doesn't accurately present the ability of the item, but for comparisons it would work.

Ya I think we are going back to the old way where the all Nvidia cards come first by model number then all ATI etc.... It sucks with the limits of flash :(

That would be great, as then you see the comparisons of cards against everything else and within the brand.

Too bad you couldn't enable a way to have us decide the order we want to render the data on the page.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could hire me to make the graphs manually :P

what about excel??

Same here. I once made 200-300 pages of graphs (normally 3 graphs on each) for a project for school, so doing fewer for you guys would be fine.

(The data was from experiments I ran on an X-ray machine and each graph was for a different angle, material, or something else. That was a BIG appendix, but useful for questions at my presentation.)

Is it just me or do the colors for the 580 keep changing in each graph, also I noticed that you said it beat out the 5970 but according to your charts you have that backwards according to the colors, in the graphs.

Whoo hoo! Another volunteer! thumbsup3.gif The only drawback to this would be the number of people/steps that would be needed for each review. Back to the topic, the card is now listed on Newegg.ca for $539.99 for the MSI version. No 10% discount that you get through Newegg in the US, but it is $20.00 more there. I also chuckled at the little notice under the price about the "limit of 10 per customer" happy.gif

Whoo hoo! Another volunteer! thumbsup3.gif The only drawback to this would be the number of people/steps that would be needed for each review. Back to the topic, the card is now listed on Newegg.ca for $539.99 for the MSI version. No 10% discount that you get through Newegg in the US, but it is $20.00 more there. I also chuckled at the little notice under the price about the "limit of 10 per customer" happy.gif

Why not get one and then see if that's enough, maybe the 6970 will bring some price drops (hopefully)

If I can find some time this weekend, I'll run some benchmarks on my 8800U SLI setup and compare against the single 580. Wonder what the performance of 2 x 8880Us will compare to 1 x 580. I'm thinking one 580 will blow my SLI setup out of the water.

Is it just me or do the colors for the 580 keep changing in each graph, also I noticed that you said it beat out the 5970 but according to your charts you have that backwards according to the colors, in the graphs.

The charts are the one element in the reviews that we always have the most trouble with. They're awkward to work with (apparently - I don't touch them!) and there are so many elements being compared.

you could hire me to make the graphs manually :P

what about excel??

Excel sucks :( We would have to make a new one every time. I got something in mind that I am working on should be in place next week.

It will change depending on the scores. The order is based on scores not by the name thats why you see it shifting.

Btw, does cokeman get to keep that card? :O

Also, bosco, if you ever need a new reviewer, i have loads of time, a good camera, okay writing skills and photoshop abilitys, though i haven't a clue about flash :-/ . (listening bosco) :whistling:

You wouldn't have to make a new excel graph all the time as long as you held the data in a database. You could then extract the data to an excel template, and voila, you get your graph within seconds.