Smp Windows Client

Fueler

I have just one question......Is the smp client for windows stable now (by stable I mean maintenance free....I have zero time for babysitting) or am I just going to get aggravated to no end and be forced to quit folding again. <_<

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just one question......Is the smp client for windows stable now (by stable I mean maintenance free....I have zero time for babysitting) or am I just going to get aggravated to no end and be forced to quit folding again. <_<

I have been having pretty good luck with it after dropping in the 6.23 beta client.

Hey RR....................I'm a little fuzzy on what I need to do here......Stanford say's the 6.23 beta is a "Drop-in binary for current Windows SMP console client " so do I need to install the 6.22 client first?..... and which version "Deino MPI" or "MPICH" ? :blink:

FUELER!!! Nice to see you around man. I've loved your builds, when you doing another one???

Anyways, I've not had a single issue with the Windows SMP. I've had it running for a good time now. As for the drop in part, install the 6.22 or whatever it is exactly as the Stanford guide says. Then simply replace the executable in the F@H with the the drop on binary thing. The binary is just the executable for the SMP client, drop in means, just drop it in the folder.

As for which one, it depends on which architecture you're using, 32-bit or 64-bit. I'm actually not sure there's much difference between them anyways.

Hey RR....................I'm a little fuzzy on what I need to do here......Stanford say's the 6.23 beta is a "Drop-in binary for current Windows SMP console client " so do I need to install the 6.22 client first?..... and which version "Deino MPI" or "MPICH" ? :blink:

Yea just install the 6.22 then drops the 6.23 in to replace the 6.22. I have always used the MPICH, I never had any luck with dino myself...

Thanks guys.....I also found a complete install guide at stanford (which they never had before) with helpful little tibits like putting the fah folder on the Exclude List in your antivirus program and locating the folder in the root directory.......sure would have been nice to know these things about six months ago when I was having all the problems. :huh:

Thanks guys.....I also found a complete install guide at stanford (which they never had before) with helpful little tibits like putting the fah folder on the Exclude List in your antivirus program and locating the folder in the root directory.......sure would have been nice to know these things about six months ago when I was having all the problems. :huh:

Yea it would have, dont forget to use the -smp flag...