Guild Wars 2

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free Gems for Every Beta Player

Each account that participates in the Beta Weekend Event is eligible to receive 2,000 free gems that they can use on whatever they like in our in-game Gem Store during the weekend.

To redeem your gems, just follow these steps:

• Log in to Guild Wars 2 once the Beta Weekend Event has begun (April 27-29, 2012).

• Open the Gem Store through the commerce icon on the upper left corner of your screen, or by pressing the "O" key on the keyboard.

• Select the link labeled "Get More Gems" in the Gem Store.

• Select the Beta Special option.

• Enter your valid credit card information - don't worry, you won't be charged!

• Confirm the transaction. A hold of $1 may be placed on your card, but you will not be charged.

• Spend your gems on any items in the Gem Store, or trade them for gold through the in-game currency exchange.

• Each account that participates in the Beta Weekend Event is eligible to receive 2,000 free gems that they can use on whatever they like in our in-game Gem Store during the weekend.

Each Guild Wars 2 account is eligible to redeem free gems only once during the Beta Weekend Event. Gems redeemed during the Beta Weekend Event are for use during the event only and will not carry over into the game after launch.

I would say the graphics are an improvement from GW. I just love their art style.

Outside the cave

Inside the cave

Character models look very plain and plastic-y. Environments are slightly more detailed than GW, but still seem to have very low textures. I expected much better based on your "performance issues" post.

Nope the game is CPU bounded atm, video card makes no difference in performance. Some of the backdrops in the game look pretty stunning like walking around in Divinity's Reach or in the zones just outside it.

We are currently optimizing Guild Wars 2, making ongoing improvements to the game’s frame rate. Presently, the game is CPU-bound on most high-end systems, so lowering graphics settings or upgrading your video card may not have a large impact on performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuwUievM51Y

I'll probably be doing some kind of write-up and/or video something in the next few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ8zjRWaf_g

Edited by AZNguyen

Guild Wars 2 is my alternative to coffee. Got home at 9PM. Edited a 40 minutes of GW2 footage, added commentary, rendered, uploaded to YouTube, wrote a 5 page article on Guild Wars 2, and reviewed it. It is now 10:40 AM. I don't feel tired at all. Time to play some Guild Wars 2 :sleep: .

When I figure out a method for posting the article. I will update it here. For now its currently on Dropbox (My Thoughts on the Game).

Edited by AZNguyen

The beta was pretty fun for me. One of the few games that lives up to their promise and hype.

Dynamic Events feel much better than standard Quest Givers. Personal Stories are a nice addition along with all the player choices that you can do the change them. Played Guardian, Ranger, Elementalist, Necromancer, and Mesmer and suprisingly they were all fun to play. I would say that's pretty rare for me in a RPG where I can enjoy every class available. I'll have to try out the other ones next beta event.

I love the sidekicking feature, it makes the game always challenging so you're always the right level for a content even if you go back to lowbie zones.

Anyone else get to play the Weekend Beta event? Any thoughts?

Article can now be read over at Massvio.

I

in 480p with VO volume increased.

Haven't read the whole thing, but what I did read was riddled with typos and grammatical errors. Sorry to be harsh, but if you want the article to be taken seriously, I suggest going back through it and editing it.

Haven't read the whole thing, but what I did read was riddled with typos and grammatical errors. Sorry to be harsh, but if you want the article to be taken seriously, I suggest going back through it and editing it.

Thanks, did some changes to it and submitted it in. Grammar was never my strong suit, but I think the content is there at least.

Thanks, did some changes to it and submitted it in. Grammar was never my strong suit, but I think the content is there at least.

To be honest, I stopped reading when I read "combed" instead of "combined" :P