NVIDIA GTX 760 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Ok, got your point.

If it's that hot, then nvidia might come up with v2 or something.

Not sure that's really necessary. Does anyone actually buy direct from NVIDIA? Of course that's assuming it's due to a crappy cooling solution and not because the GPU and/or memory chips get excessively hot.

I think it would be necessary if the custom coolers can't bring the heat with without compromising the loudness factor of the cooler. At the end of the day what everybody wants is a cool & quiet graphics card during gaming.

Edited by d6bmg

On the flip side how many gamers are using headphones and can't hear the fans anyhow?

Somebody start a poll!  :haha:

I use a headset only (don't have speakers connected), but I'd say that I don't have them on 75% of the time I'm at my PC.

What percentage of the time that you are gaming do you wear the headset? 100%? That solves noise while gaming. As for the GPU in an idle state pretty much every card is darn near silent until the fan speed ramps up due to an increased load so idle time is not an issue right? 

What percentage of the time that you are gaming do you wear the headset? 100%? That solves noise while gaming. As for the GPU in an idle state pretty much every card is darn near silent until the fan speed ramps up due to an increased load so idle time is not an issue right? 

Actually probably 50%. I only put on the headset for games that absolutely require it. Otherwise I watch TV while gaming :lol:

:mfp:

wot?! :P

I can't just sit still and watch TV, so I usually play games. Stuff that don't require audio or full concentration (or at least can be paused). Like recently, FTL :)