ASUS F2A85-V PRO Motherboard Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn, that's one thorough review. Hope you guys don't expect something like that out of me. :P:unsure:

I'm glad AMD's Trinity is getting support for Lucidlogix MVP Virtu. Has anyone compared it to Sandy/Ivy Bridge's support for Virtu?

One task I never got around to test out is Virtual V-Sync (which was done by Tom's here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z77-express-virtu-mvp-benchmark,3174-9.html). Unfortunately Lucidlogix Virtu and MVP Virtu doesn't work with the -V Pro/GEN3's. Other than that, the -V Pro series from ASUS are great boards!

I like everything in this A85 board, specially the great pricing by Asus.

Only one small con is there. They have used Realtek ALC892 as audio codec. They should have used ALC898 as it is used in most of the top of the line board.

I like everything in this A85 board, specially the great pricing by Asus.

Only one small con is there. They have used Realtek ALC892 as audio codec. They should have used ALC898 as it is used in most of the top of the line board.

can't believe I'm saying this but I'm seriously thinking about going this way in my next gamer upgrade, along with a 5800k....this will be different...

Not that interested in the board (no need for new builds for some time yet haha) but damn Greg your reviews just keep getting better and better and more detailed.

Hey thanks M :cheers:

Tip of the hat to Troy for editing all that. :lol:

Not that interested in the board (no need for new builds for some time yet haha) but damn Greg your reviews just keep getting better and better and more detailed.

I second that. And one thing that I should have said in my first post (but I missed) is to praise the reviewer (i.e. red ). :P

Detailing in the reviews keep getting better and better. Great review! :thumbsup:

I second that. And one thing that I should have said in my first post (but I missed) is to praise the reviewer (i.e. red ). :P

Detailing in the reviews keep getting better and better. Great review! :thumbsup:

Thanks d6 :biggrin: Glad you like the added disection.

Bought the A-10 for my kids budget setup. Went with the 75 series chipset for budget constraints. Got both and 4gb 1833 ram for a hair over $200. Tossing it in my older case and PSU for a system that ought to play games well enough at 12x10 or 16x9.

microcenter doesn't carry this mobo yet, mmm and neither does fry's, amazon is way to much $$...newegg is the only semi-reasonable source i can find in my area...