OCC News Letter

Dariuas

Nice to see OCC newsletter back after so many weeks (months).

There was a delay with it since I was busy with some personal stuff. Sorry!

Just signed, waiting for NL.

The next one will be going out later this week, so keep it tuned for that one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see OCC newsletter back after so many weeks (months).

There was a delay with it since I was busy with some personal stuff. Sorry!

Not only you but we all are. :)

• 3 months later...

Seeing as how the Newsletter is a recap of all OCC articles, I probably won't subscribe as I read almost all of the OCC articles available on the WEB site. Visiting OCC is one of my daily highlights. It keeps me up to date on the PC industry as well as other science topics, guest_jim for example, which bring slices of info you would not normally see.

Seeing as how the Newsletter is a recap of all OCC articles, I probably won't subscribe as I read almost all of the OCC articles available on the WEB site. Visiting OCC is one of my daily highlights. It keeps me up to date on the PC industry as well as other science topics, guest_jim for example, which bring slices of info you would not normally see.

Any suggestions as to what you'd like to see in it?

I understand where you're coming from. We always want to improve the news letter.

What if we had news letter exclusive content or something? 

I understand where you're coming from. We always want to improve the news letter.

What if we had news letter exclusive content or something? 

We've been down this road before. Newsletters should absolutely not have exclusive content.

The point of a newsletter is to get people visiting the site. If AkakmanH is already visiting the site on a daily basis, he's not the target market.

That is one way to look at it Clay. Another would be to provide a secondary service to our fans to allow them an avenue other then a web browser being opened to find content that might interest them. Both theaters of thinking are not completely wrong, nor completely right. We have to find a happy medium. 

That is one way to look at it Clay. Another would be to provide a secondary service to our fans to allow them an avenue other then a web browser being opened to find content that might interest them. Both theaters of thinking are not completely wrong, nor completely right. We have to find a happy medium. 

Actually, your "theater of thinking" is wrong, and I'll tell you why...newsletters don't generate revenue. The whole point of newsletters is to get people to click onto the site. Thus, if you have exclusive newsletter content (which thus implies it doesn't appear on the site, otherwise it wouldn't be exclusive), then there's no benefit to OCC other than saying, "yay, we have more subscribers!"

• 2 years later...

RE: "As we strive to improve our newsletter, we ask for your feedback! Please head over to this thread to discuss ways to improve the letter!"

It's going to sound like I'm sucking up because I won a great prize in your last contest, but I wanted to underline that this is probably the newsletter I've subscribed to the longest, certainly for tech, and it goes to my #1 personal email. I generally hate newsletters and unsubscribe to them daily. Yours is the opposite: Consistently branded, clear and concise, well-organized and reliable links to content of interest. You could easily sideline by teaching the rest of the internet how to be less intrusive and more likeable. For all the claims of being receptive to feedback, you are among the surprising few that seem to be listening to it, and for all the claims of striving to improve you are among even fewer that have come up with something worth my time.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate it! We've always tried to have a newsletter that delivers enough without being overbearing, so it's reassuring to hear that.