Corsair Hydro Series H100 CPU Cooler Tested

Nemo

The Corsair applied paste seems to flow very well and offers excellent coverage. Noctua NT-H1 should also work quite well but I have not done any comparative analysis between the two in this application. Most of the high performance pastes are only going to change the temperatures by a couple of degrees between them . However going from some garbage paste to a newer formula might yield better results.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Review Ccokeman. Was a good read.

I happy that corsair Has finally been able to push the envelope enough to surpass the D-14. A more expensive YET probably easier on a board then a D-14. lol

I like this review as well as the other Hydro reviews. I am glad to see people who know a lot about this subject also support the Push method as it doesn't make me feel as silly going against the grain doing that with my build.

Normally I am pretty picky on what I want in my reviews too, but I know it is way too (impossible?) hard to limit the variables. Hell even in my own room I have seen ambient temps go from 26.5C to 23.5C ...and that is just from the sun going down on west facing room. Which means we would have to force poor Ccokeman to do all his temps on similar temp days, at the same time, with the same amount of cloud cover. :lol:

I also like how so many coolers are compared. The reviews don't compare cooler to cooler (in words) so each person must figure out for themselves what is more important to them. Do I want a quieter cooling solution? One that offers a different way of controlling fan speed? One that provides more clearance for other system parts (such as memory)? One that is cheap but provides performance pretty close to top of the line ...and how much variance can I roughly expect to see by going with the cheaper solution?

As a rough guideline I think it is great - it at least gives a good trend of what the deltas might be.