(Build Log) Project Abyss The Awakening

wutdo

t7ai.jpg

Hi all back for the new year with a new build, firstly after my previous attempt of a desk build I found that it took me months to build and mad far too many mistakes such as ventilation, no base, to square, poor build quality just to name a few. So this year I've decided to make a follow up project to get it all right and this time I've Been far more motivated. Hope you like the build. I will be recycling the computers from the previous build although adding more water cooling parts and possibly a 2nd GPU and fans lots of fans.

Quick Sketch up of the plan
3of6.jpg
Not sure if I will need 3 monitors might settle for 2
s3ww.jpg

and we come to the build
iynn.jpg
o44b.jpg
95c0.jpg
nrb2.jpg
3vjl.jpg
and the finally the fan holes for that much needed ventilation
g90z.jpg

Edited by wutdo

Porject? :P

Looks good so far.

oh lawd what have i done i would never have noticed that little mistake cheers

I like the concept but hate MDF with a passion. 

You and me both i regret choosing MDF but too late now

super sweet please keep up posted. BTW not trying to be rude but you might want to run a board on the lower back half towards the ground so it doesn't wobble.

that was something i was a little worried about myself but since i have put it together it has been really solid only concern is the front drooping down but as it stands now its more solid than my previous 26mm composite desk so heres hoping it will stand up to the task

Little update will be running 2 pumps for the loop as aposed to the single pump from previous build and along with my 6 original scythe ultra kaze Fans for the radiators i will have an aditional 3 scythe slip stream fans on the other side over the home server and 4 Scythe Slip Stream Slim along the back so hopefully i wont have the same problems with ventilation as i encountered with previous build will also have a NZXT Sentry mix 2 6ch  fan controller for the 6 ultra kaze fans hoping to iliminate a power issue i encountered with my BitFenix HYDRA-Pro 5ch unit.
Monday i will be getting to the base of the desk and cutting the holes for cables and hopefully if i have time i will cut and mount the back devider for the cable management, along with pulling the old desk apart to clean the watercooling parts and get it ready to mount into the new desk. fingers crossed the build will be complete mid march. will update with a lot more progress and some photos soon.

Edited by wutdo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's coming along nicely can't wait to see more. I'm always so picky about my desk I've thought about building one but never enough time lol.

Cheers man its a good little project so long as you have the spare time, funds and tools, and not let work get in the way while it sits casually in the garage for months..

anywho finally got a chance to get back into said garage and get some more work done as we speak the first coat of paint is on and drying and will recoat in a few hours

40f9.jpg

9jv2.jpg

uqh8.jpg

5q1a.jpg

1p0h.jpg

hoping to get the last of the painting done before i go back to work and than all thats left will be asembly

hopefully have it up and finished in the next week or 2

2nd last update
Desk is painted finally and have started fitting parts both radiators, fans and the stand offs for the motherboards will hopefully have it up and running by next weekend but for now its back to work.

vbnd.jpg
3b0o.jpg
qa9w.jpg