Occ Review: Mushkin Pc2-5300 Ddr2 Sodimm 2 X 2 Gb Memory

OCC Review: Mushkin PC2-5300 DDR2 SODIMM 2 X 2 GB Memory

In this review, I will be focusing on memory. I will show the difference in performance between what came with the computer and the memory I chose to upgrade with, which is Mushkin DDR2 SODIMM PC-2 5300 2 x 2 GB. I will not be reformatting the hard drive nor tweaking the system during this review - I will basically focus on out of the box performance difference. This review will be the first in a series of three total reviews, with this one focusing on the memory, the next focusing on the hard drive with the pre-installed memory and the last comparing the performance of the whole system after the total upgrade.

4_thumb.jpg

Edited by neddamttocs

Good looking review - though your installation method is wrong :(

#1 thing to do before installing anything, or doing any work on a laptop is to remove the battery.

You also may have voided the laptop warrenty by installing the new memory modules, i know Toshiba is very strict on this not 100% sure on Acer, but i do know that you may have trouble getting warrenty work with that new memory installed in there.

Just wanted to point out that one flaw, other then that it looks like a decent review - what chips are on those modules? what are the chip specifications?

Interesting review there. I'm shocked at the difference in speeds you know - I didn't think that new memory would make such an impact. Just goes to show what rubbish is put in there as standard ;)