Club Windows 8

wevsspot

I had the same issue with some software installation folders, if you want to do it inside Windows:

Right-click folder > Properties > Security > Advanced > Owner > Edit > Other Users and Groups > Type Username > OK > Close all Properties/Security windows...then

Right-click folder > Properties > Security > Edit > Find 'Administrators' > Give Full Control

You should now be able to delete or modify the folder as you wish thumbsup3.gif

thanx euro man,...i gave your suggestion a try, but it still wouldn't delete...imma try leet's malware-bytes suggestion and if that doesn't do it then getting ahold of microsoft directly...i want my disk space back

as near as i can tell this has to do with my puter being a "trusted pc" in win8 and administrator privileges not transfering to the main user...i'm at a total loss as to how to fix it and delete that folder...

another issue i had yesterday is a serious problem with gamespy and win8,....just for fun i loaded up steam version of Crysis, and when it finished downloading the accompanying software there was a message that Gamespy failed to install and load properly,...crysis then started up anyway and my gamer locked up and froze at the parachute opening sequence...(no overclock) ...it took several attempts to get the machine back up and Gamespy uninstalled...after the Gamespy was uninstalled i had no more issues and Crysis played just fine, so it seems there's a "MaJoR" problem with Gamespy and win8...

thanx euro man,...i gave your suggestion a try, but it still wouldn't delete...imma try leet's malware-bytes suggestion and if that doesn't do it then getting ahold of microsoft directly...i want my disk space back

as near as i can tell this has to do with my puter being a "trusted pc" in win8 and administrator privileges not transfering to the main user...i'm at a total loss as to how to fix it and delete that folder...

I see, that sucks :(

The only situation where I have experienced this is when upgrading to Windows 7 and some software files could only be deleted by the Windows.old admin, and the privileges were not transferred to my new user, but I have no experience with Windows 8 as of yet, so I'm not sure if it's the same in that OS

Anyway sorry I couldn't help you with that one bro, best of luck finding a solution dunno.gif

- Euro

another issue i had yesterday is a serious problem with gamespy and win8,....just for fun i loaded up steam version of Crysis, and when it finished downloading the accompanying software there was a message that Gamespy failed to install and load properly,...crysis then started up anyway and my gamer locked up and froze at the parachute opening sequence...(no overclock) ...it took several attempts to get the machine back up and Gamespy uninstalled...after the Gamespy was uninstalled i had no more issues and Crysis played just fine, so it seems there's a "MaJoR" problem with Gamespy and win8...

CJ, try downloading Malware Bytes and using the FileAssassin tool.

AWESOME !! ...FileAssassin tool did it !! ...i got my hd space back !!! ,...no more windows.old !!!!

My media keys on the MK710 aren't playing nice with win8, the calculator and mute keys being the ones which frustrate me the most.

Had a look on Logitech website and it says win8 supported. :doh:

a little help please...

I believe just doing a disk cleanup will find that folder and give you the option of deleting it.

He already got it sorted, Malware Bytes' FileAssassin tool got it. :)