SWTOR: Official Game Thread

TheHostileGamer

I agree, I want to go out and use a trade channel to find a group, or maybe just a looking for group interface just for finding a group, but this auto queuing crap is just taking the multiplayer aspect out of the game.

BTW just got to Hoth but I didn't load up because I was drinking last night and I wanted to cherish that planet

i use to play wow i cant tell you how many people sat there afk after getting in or ninja'd everything that dropped. with this the chances of that drops.

I'd like to see developers implement some kind of player rating/reputation system. When you group up with players, you will see their statistics on attempted/completed runs, user rating with comments, and possibly other things. There are addon's for this I believe (in WoW), but the user ratings are stored locally and not shared in a database.

If you let a person ninja everything that dropped then you're entire group failed, because you can vote kick people out. Automated queuing isn't a fault of the system, its the fault of players. There are good ones and there are bad ones in almost every type of game imaginable.

To me the benefits of an auto queuing system far outweigh the negatives. You could be doing other things than camping in a city spamming LFG. You can say you lose the social aspect, but what do you do when your in the dungeon. You actually communicate with these random players, you strategize, and etc. You may even add them to your friend's list. I highly doubt this would happen in a Chat Channel, most will ignore you or tell you to stop spamming. Time is money, and if your wasting it spamming in chat when you can do other things is your prerogative.

However the single benefit of using a Chat Channel, is you may convince players to do a dungeon run when they didn't plan to. However, its rather rare. Most players want a specific dungeon unless they are farming for gear tokens/points.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I'd like to see developers implement some kind of player rating/reputation system. When you group up with players, you will see their statistics on attempted/completed runs, user rating with comments, and possibly other things. There are addon's for this I believe (in WoW), but the user ratings are stored locally and not shared in a database.

If you let a person ninja everything that dropped then you're entire group failed, because you can vote kick people out. Automated queuing isn't a fault of the system, its the fault of players. There are good ones and there are bad ones in almost every type of game imaginable.

To me the benefits of an auto queuing system far outweigh the negatives. You could be doing other things than camping in a city spamming LFG. You can say you lose the social aspect, but what do you do when your in the dungeon. You actually communicate with these random players, you strategize, and etc. You may even add them to your friend's list. I highly doubt this would happen in a Chat Channel, most will ignore you or tell you to stop spamming. Time is money, and if your wasting it spamming in chat when you can do other things is your prerogative.

However the single benefit of using a Chat Channel, is you may convince players to do a dungeon run when they didn't plan to. However, its rather rare. Most players want a specific dungeon unless they are farming for gear tokens/points.

Here is what I don't like, there is no such thing as a good player or bad player. We are all gamers, we enjoy games period. Shouldn't matter if your good or bad, what should only matter is that you enjoy playing... I think we often times assume people are noobs, and what not but in reality they just want to play the game like us... Skill is a factor in games, but people only get better one way, practice. So lets drop the good and the bad, and unite under the gamer flag.

I am not the best at some games, wish I was better at a few, like SC2 (I just don't have the time to commit). Now there are jerks out there, who ninja, steel, do stupid stuff, etc... I wouldn't call them bad though, they are enjoying a game at the expense of others, which isn't great but at least they are playing the game...

I think SWTOR did an amazing job with how PVP is currently. It allows all levels of players to queue up for a warzone. Dosn't matter if your 12 or 50, it scales for you... That is what gaming should be, yeah give extra "bling" to the higher level players, but don't take away from the core gamer, or the learning gamer... .

/shrug...

Edited by greengiant912

Here is what I don't like, there is no such thing as a good player or bad player. We are all gamers, we enjoy games period. Shouldn't matter if your good or bad, what should only matter is that you enjoy playing... I think we often times assume people are noobs, and what not but in reality they just want to play the game like us... Skill is a factor in games, but people only get better one way, practice. So lets drop the good and the bad, and unite under the gamer flag.

Bad gamers in terms of people who Need roll on items to sale and not to equip or Need on items for an off-spec they didn't take into the dungeon without asking others who might need it first. People who purposely pull extra mobs. People who AFK for long periods while in a run. It only takes one to ruin an experience.

I am not the best at some games, wish I was better at a few, like SC2 (I just don't have the time to commit). Now there are jerks out there, who ninja, steel, do stupid stuff, etc... I wouldn't call them bad though, they are enjoying a game at the expense of others, which isn't great but at least they are playing the game...

That's an odd way of thinking about it. It's like saying we shouldn't be mad at aimbotters in a FPS game, at least they are enjoying/playing it. It's not fun to everyone else, why should the griever have the benefit while the rest suffer. I sure as hell wouldn't play in a guild full of jerks even if they were the best players in the game and gave me all the loot. I'll always take Community > Player population. At end-game I purely played WoW for the community. Doing new raids and content wasn't all the challenging for me, but as a guild as whole it was. But playing with people you enjoy keeps you playing. I would max out all the best items I could get within my guilds current raid level, but I kept playing with them for the pure fun while they caught up. Guild members left and I quit. Having fancy loot is no fun if you don't have anyone you want to play with.

I think SWTOR did an amazing job with how PVP is currently. It allows all levels of players to queue up for a warzone. Dosn't matter if your 12 or 50, it scales for you... That is what gaming should be, yeah give extra "bling" to the higher level players, but don't take away from the core gamer, or the learning gamer... .

GW1 and GW2 is setup similar to that. Everyone gets sidekicked to max level. Everyone can pick and choose from the same gear. I've heard two opposing things about skills (one you can choose like gear, another only what your PvE level has). That's all for structure PvP, WvW is entirely a different beast (sidekicked level-up, but no select gear or skill only your PvE character has). You can even level up and gear up in WvW, as you do get experience and loot from dead players. It's much larger map and more objectives that any player level can do. Think Wintergrasp in WoW, but allowing an entire server compete against another server for a whole week. There is even dynamic events within WvW. Winning server gets a buff, until the next session starts.

/shrug...

/disappointinglook...

Edited by Krazyxazn

/shrug...

they did say in patch 1.1 witch should be soon they are making a lvl 50 only pvp group. the reason they said the have not yet was because there would not be enough people to actually make ques worth it. witch i totally agree so i don't understand why everyone is so upset about it.

they did say in patch 1.1 witch should be soon they are making a lvl 50 only pvp group. the reason they said the have not yet was because there would not be enough people to actually make ques worth it. witch i totally agree so i don't understand why everyone is so upset about it.

It dose kinda suck when a lvl 30 can take out a fully pvp geared lvl 50... But eh, its nice to be able to have everyone contribute...

Also f!ver, there is no need to start saying stuff like that. Chill down man its only a game, he is entitled to his opinion no matter how wrong it is :P

Edited by greengiant912

he is entitled to his opinion no matter how wrong it is :P

The lack of real MMO players in this thread really shows.

This sums it up for me and some ex-WoW players I know who play SWTOR.

Q"Why is the game getting bad reviews from players?"

A"Because those players came in thinking we were remaking the wheel and we didn't."

If I was bored enough I would activate my SWTOR collector edition sitting next to me, it would only give me more reasons to post about it. I rather sell it and get other games instead.

Edited by Krazyxazn

The lack of real MMO players in this thread really shows.

This sums it up for me and some ex-WoW players I know who play SWTOR.

Q"Why is the game getting bad reviews from players?"

A"Because those players came in thinking we were remaking the wheel and we didn't."

If I was bored enough I would activate my SWTOR collector edition sitting next to me, it would only give me more reasons to post about it. I rather sell it and get other games instead.

The same thing is true about WoW too. WoW didn't reinvent the wheel, it just improved upon it...

If SWTOR improves upon the wheel, more power to them.