War Thunder

WhenKittensATK

I played the beta, keep getting shot down in about 5 minutes, no wonder I play mostly campaigns

You'll always get shot down :P Thats why you have a few planes to fly out on (except for realistic mode, where you have one)

Try fast fighters with developed tech on them, i am flying a YAK 7B, its wicked fun!

• 4 months later...

I put in a few more hours into War Thunder Ground Forces and its pretty darn fun. I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a change or has played World of Tanks. The maps are bigger which gives you room to flank and not be stuck in choke-points all the time. You can see tanks for long distances, no more getting shot at by invisible tanks. No health bar system, you basically kill the entire crew or ammo rack them. You can drift with pretty much all the tanks which is awesome. At the end of one match I ammo racked one tank on cap. Then drove full speed and turned (drifted) behind the other enemy and shot him in the butt, causing him to also explode in to metal bits.

Getting a lot of rubber-banding when driving across maps. Teams don't ever seem balanced, usually one side will dominate the entire match. Almost no teamwork whatsoever, unless you squad up with other players. War Thunder lets you make a squad of 4 players for free, which is very nice. No idea how to properly setup crew skills so just been throwing them into vitality, repair, and reload haha.

• 4 months later...

I love this game but there are certain players out there that instead of engaging any proper dog fight they would rather RAM you because they lack skill

A dog eat dogfight world out there....

Trailer was pretty damn...just wow :O

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

New patch is out. I decide to re-install it to give the US tanks a try. I'm impressed with the changes they made since I last played. They now have a tank round camera like Sniper Elite. Each time you fire in the top right corner it shows where your round hit the tank and what it hit inside. You can also change your in-game name for FREE!

Edited by WhenKittensATK

I love this game but there are certain players out there that instead of engaging any proper dog fight they would rather RAM you because they lack skill

A dog eat dogfight world out there....

Trailer was pretty damn...just wow :O

i am just saying that there needs to be a penalty for kamikazing someone its chick$@%% and show they have complete lack of skill

and takes away from the realism of the game