Grand Theft Auto V

edwardquilo

As long as R-Star doesn't screw me out of another title I'll buy it on PC lol

Well the PC version arrives January 27, so you have a few months left to go.

I'm more than likely going to get it again as it's a fantastically fun time and all the improvements R* is making sound well worth it.

Well I've been holding out all this time because

A) I still need to finish GTA4

and

B) To get the full experience (graphically) I'd have to get a current gen system as I only have a PS3 but I'll just wait to get it on the PC.

Oh, you know, just 70 new screens from the PS4/XBO versions. Sadly no PC ones yet, but hopefully a little closer to its January launch.

@IVI, there is a bit in GTA V you can pick up from playing GTA IV and its two episodes, but not anything excessive. Little bits here and there that bring a smile to your face when you catch it, and well, one spot that is kind of spoiler-ific so I'm not going to mention it. :lol:

• 2 months later...

So, GTA V is now coming to the PC on March 24. But we get some new screenshots (4K versions available here) and the system specifications to tide us over.

Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Try not to die at that hard drive size!

I don't really use first person on XB1 other than driving mostly because it's annoying to switch between them on a controller.

I'll be getting it on PC, so no controller for me :P (well MAYBE use the controller for driving/flying)

Well before Rockstar releases this game they need to fix the issues with Rockstar Social Club on the PC. It took me 3 days to get Max Payne 3 to work correctly because Rockstar Social Club would not load, and I have heard LA Noire is just as bad. It worked pretty good on GTA IV so idk what they changed to make it run so poorly.

And on a side note was it not 3 days ago that someone from Rockstar posted on Twitter or something that GTA V was indeed being released on the 27th. What happened to that?

Edited by slick2500

And on a side note was it not 3 days ago that someone from Rockstar posted on Twitter or something that GTA V was indeed being released on the 27th. What happened to that?

Start of the year, actually. Things change in two weeks, I guess.

Also, there is this bit of fine print...

Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX, Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable.

Well before Rockstar releases this game they need to fix the issues with Rockstar Social Club on the PC. It took me 3 days to get Max Payne 3 to work correctly because Rockstar Social Club would not load, and I have heard LA Noire is just as bad. It worked pretty good on GTA IV so idk what they changed to make it run so poorly.

Ironically I could not even install GTA4 on Windows 8+ until I messed with the compatibility settings just right, but not one problem with LA Noire which I just beat last week.

I have not had any issues with GTA IV on Windows 8.1, are you using the Steam version or retail?

Kinda in between, I got it years ago from D2D which switched to Gamefly then back to D2D. I was able to get it working through some weird compatibility setting combinations but then I started it and had tons of missing textures so I said screw it and bought it for the PS3. I know I'm missing the anti aliasing and smoother framerate but now I can easily take it over my friends house to play through it so I can finally beat it before I buy GTA 5