Slow SSD write speed

freddie

Sooo I think my SSD is not pulling its weight when it comes to writing.

This is with a SATA 2 controller on my old mobo (7 something based lol)

21javsm.png

This with a SATA 3 controller on my new 990fx based mobo

25arywi.png

Any SSD gurus know whats going on here?

SSD is the Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB btw

Since it is a used drive the odds are that it is suffering from the same thing that all drives suffer from. The write cycle falls as the drive gets used more. I tested my 3K 240 and I get numbers worse than you at the 4K test but better for all the rest. How full is the disk?

At the end of the day I would not get to worried as the benchmarks for throughput have little to do with the way the real world computing experience will feel.

Since it is a used drive the odds are that it is suffering from the same thing that all drives suffer from. The write cycle falls as the drive gets used more. I tested my 3K 240 and I get numbers worse than you at the 4K test but better for all the rest. How full is the disk?

At the end of the day I would not get to worried as the benchmarks for throughput have little to do with the way the real world computing experience will feel.

I bought this drive less than 2 months ago.. new

77.6Gb free

[edit]

Just found the receipt and I bought it on the 27/11/2012, the SMART data shows thats its fine as well. There must be someting go on here..