Euro's //Attempt\\ at Music

EuroFight

I can't download here but I'll have to give it a try sometime. Suppose I could just google it but where you getting this free music generating software from and was there other free ones?

The music editor is called Linux MultiMedia Studio, but despite the name it's available on Windows too. It's a SourceForge project but they have a website too.

I like it. The multiple tracks give it a bit of depth, but it's kinda tough to tell where you are going. Keep at it, though!

I don't know where I am going with it either, it was more of a 'well that sounds cool...okay put it there' than a structured piece. Really it was trying to get to know the software more than anything. Thank you for the comments :)

honest comment incomming

its crap lol xD

the bass is way to high, the rithm is off and the sounds are repeating way to much.

unless you made a dubstep song, then i guess its good that is all garbage anyway xD

honest comment incomming

its crap lol xD

the bass is way to high, the rithm is off and the sounds are repeating way to much.

unless you made a dubstep song, then i guess its good that is all garbage anyway xD

xD

I guess it was an attempt anyway, perhaps I should stick to games :P

honest comment incomming

its crap lol xD

xD

I guess it was an attempt anyway, perhaps I should stick to games :P

Maybe some people are gifted at making music, but I doubt you would know if you are gifted or not after creating your first song.

I don't think you were serious with your response, but still.  It's not easy making something that sounds good, lol.

edit: my sentence didn't make sense :P

Edited by rivalary

Maybe some people are gifted at making music, but I doubt you would know if you are gifted or not after creating your first song.

I don't think you were serious with your response, but still.  It's not easy making something that sounds good, lol.

edit: my sentence didn't make sense :P

Wise words, wise words :)

I must admit I am more of a writer than a musician  :nyea:

If you're a beginner, then this does sound decent. The drum and bass tracks make at least some sense and the sounds seem all right. The melody is quite primitive though, something that sounds much like something I have composed when I was new to making music. Making simple harmonies and melodies (that aren't chromatic, like your chord progression seemed to be, but rather diatonic) isn't really that difficult. Look up keys, scales and chords. I'm not sure how familiar you are with any of these concepts. Maybe try doing some melody in A minor using some A minor progression, like Am - Em - G - D? Nevertheless, keep on doing what you're doing, whatever sounds right is right.

If you're a beginner, then this does sound decent. The drum and bass tracks make at least some sense and the sounds seem all right. The melody is quite primitive though, something that sounds much like something I have composed when I was new to making music. Making simple harmonies and melodies (that aren't chromatic, like your chord progression seemed to be, but rather diatonic) isn't really that difficult. Look up keys, scales and chords. I'm not sure how familiar you are with any of these concepts. Maybe try doing some melody in A minor using some A minor progression, like Am - Em - G - D? Nevertheless, keep on doing what you're doing, whatever sounds right is right.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll look into making things in the scales and key you speak of. I have a limited knowledge of the basics of the field from some piano lessons I did a couple of years ago, but other than that, nothing.  :lol:

Yeah in it is my first attempt at making any music myself so apologies that it's not great.  :-/

Okay I made a second attempt (only an intro though)

Feedback would be appreciated? Better? Worse? Any suggestions? I have tried to take on board all the criticism I received from my first attempt, I appreciate it's no number one, but any improvement is something  :unsure:

Cheers guys :D

Feels jazzy to in a sense if that makes any sense.... Its a start. Quite sort but I'm sure its only a small part that's in WIP.

Thank you, so that makes it an improvement on epic failure 1? :lol:

Yeah it's certainly a WIP. If anybody wants to do my Latin work for me then I'd be more than happy to work on it more though :tongue: