Diablo 3

tkrow21

Honestly this game's early levels are utterly boring. Can't play it more than 20 minutes even with a class I never played before. Things better magically pop when you further progress into the game. Otherwise this will be a $60 Blizzard Real ID IM client like my SC2 Starter Edition.

So, if you're not in the beta, I would say you're not missing anything.

Edited by AZNguyen

Sweet thanks for the confirmation! I was just surprised no one posted some screenshots or videos of the beta here. Granted I haven't checked YouTube and I don't really surf the web from home so I'm pretty ignorant to most game news unless it is posted here. Which kinda sux since I really read this site from work so I can't view gaming sites but at least I can catch up on stuff posted and see some of the pics.

Evidently I got invited to the D3 Beta in Feb but didn't check my e-mail so I found out when i logged into B.net. :lol:

Graphics didn't blow me over like SC2 did so maybe that's why no screenshots of D3 are posted? :dunno: Only played the Monk class this weekend. Not sure if there is a penalty for using warrior type weapons. If I remember right yellow should be the best. Only wondering because I found Yellow Handaxe that is pretty damn sweet. The monk could equip it but her default weapon was also a "knuckle" based weapon.

Honestly this game's early levels are utterly boring. Can't play it more than 20 minutes even with a class I never played before. Things better magically pop when you further progress into the game. Otherwise this will be a $60 Blizzard Real ID IM client like my SC2 Starter Edition.

:withstupid:

Well I disagree on SC2, but I would say my initial impression of D3 resembles yours. Nothing is really wowing me so far. So far it is just like D2 but with more saturated colors. Though I'm not really sure how you greatly improve upon these kind of games. It is kind of a 1-dimensional type of game. I am going to try a couple of the classes though before I really make up my mind. I heard Demon Hunter is the fun class.

Not sure if there is a penalty for using warrior type weapons. If I remember right yellow should be the best. Only wondering because I found Yellow Handaxe that is pretty damn sweet. The monk could equip it but her default weapon was also a "knuckle" based weapon.

I've not seen any penalties for using a different set of weapons then the ones for "your class" so I think thats fine (I've been doing the same myself).

I've not seen any penalties for using a different set of weapons then the ones for "your class" so I think thats fine (I've been doing the same myself).

Right on! I was praying you would confirm that. :)

No, that is exactly why I didn't pre-order the game. :teehee:

Though when I saw had access to beta, I figured now would be a good time to try it out for free and see for myself.