Microsoft Introduces New Surface

bp9801

Too bad they're like 5 years too late getting into the market...

They may be late in coming to the business, but as far as I can understand, this won't be a fail. Surface looks good as presence of physical buttons along with USB3 makes it special. Let see what is in store for it & us.

They may be late in coming to the business, but as far as I can understand, this won't be a fail. Surface looks good as presence of physical buttons along with USB3 makes it special. Let see what is in store for it & us.

Do you mean physical buttons on the two covers? The only physical buttons on the Surface itself are the power and volume buttons.

My Asus transformer prime has no buttons on the front, only volume and power on the sides, and i hate that.

When a lockup happens, there is no feedback that you have hit the android "home" button, so you dont know whats happening.

I love the single front button on my galaxy s2, if something goes wrong, you always know you can hit that button and it goes back to the home screen

Do you mean physical buttons on the two covers? The only physical buttons on the Surface itself are the power and volume buttons.

Yes, you have guessed my point of view correctly.

I think it looks pretty neat. I might get one as a substitute for a laptop as I was looking to purchase a laptop that I won't be gaming on, so this actually might be viable as a replacement.

Oh, just watched this. Not a good sign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1zxDa3t0fg&feature=player_embedded

I know that it's just a demo, but when you demo something, make sure it's going to work. It doesn't make them look good.

As one reporter said in a live-blog of the presentation last week, "It wouldn't be a Microsoft presentation without a crash."

In defense of Microsoft, they are still developing the thing so bugs definitely still exist, and stuff happens. When stuff happens all you can do is what the guy did; grab another and keep going.

As one reporter said in a live-blog of the presentation last week, "It wouldn't be a Microsoft presentation without a crash."

In defense of Microsoft, they are still developing the thing so bugs definitely still exist, and stuff happens. When stuff happens all you can do is what the guy did; grab another and keep going.

My question would be why are they showing it off this early if they still have bugs like that?

My question would be why are they showing it off this early if they still have bugs like that?

Why does any company show off a product in beta form, alpha form, or even pre-alpha? To get people interested or to keep them interested. Besides, how many companies are releasing products (especially games) with bugs that are then just patched on the launch date or soon after? At least this issue is in a pre-release build and not the actual RTM.

releasing products (especially games) with bugs that are then just patched on the launch date or soon after?

cough *error 37* cough :P

Haha I feel soo bad for that guy...just imagine what if I was doing this presentation..LOL Id start sweating like a waterfall.