Looking for some network help

Right now I am running a Linksys WTR54G With DD-WRT firmware, and my WI-FI works in the entire house except my bedroom. I just barley get a signal but it cuts in and out. As soon as I step through the doorway to my room I get full signal from the router, I can even go into the room next to mine and the WI-FI works great. I can even walk down the street 2 houses down and still get my WI-FI. I was hoping someone could help me figure out what is causing the issue. Or if it would just be easier to get a range extender. And if I should just get a range extender can anyone give any recommendations for a good one.

Should I try something like this maybe? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4GHz-7dbi-RP-TNC-Antenna-for-Linksys-WRT54G-WAP54G-WRT54G-TM-WRT54GS-WAP11-/181171069431?pt=US_Networking_Boosters_Extenders_Antennas&hash=item2a2ea321f7

Edited by slick2500

From some of the research I have been doing the only thing I can think of is the 100 gallon aquarium. But its not really between me and the router.

Edited by slick2500

From some of the research I have been doing the only thing I can think of is the 100 gallon aquarium. But its not really between me and the router.

That's probably what it is. Water absorbs high frequency signals that are above 1GHz. The aquarium might be absorbing the 2.4GHz signal before it gets to your room where you're wanting the signal.

A range extender wont work if I put it in the room across from mine? I might try moving the router. The cordless phone doesn't work in my bedroom either now that I think about it.

Edited by slick2500

Is the router located in the middle of the house or on the opposite side?

This has some useful information.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1365

If your cordless phone is using 2.4 GHz it can interrupt your WiFi and the same the other way around. Usually only happens when you're on the phone. WiFi has a lot of variables. Best things to try are relocating router (open area, waist height), hardwire, and powerline adapter. You can also look at other nearby furniture and electronics. IE: wireless speakers or car alarms.

Edited by AZNguyen

Just a shot in the air;

There are 11 wifi channels you can set. Maybe (just maybe) your phone and your wifi are conflicting each other. I wonder if you try to select a different wifi channel in the Linksys. Yes that aquarium might be a problem, if it doesn't block your WIfi, it can cancel it with reflection in certain areas (Fresnel zones for geeks).

Since the wavelength is pretty short ( 12.5 cm), moving anything might just help as well.