Free To a Good Home thread [UPDATED- Now has a wanted section]

Andrewr05

I have been trying to gather parts for a dedicated Windows 98 SE machine for old games for some time, but I had set the project aside. Some of these freebies sound perfect. I'll add some stuff here too, I've got some parts lying around.

dr_bowtie - That socket A proc and mobo sounds pretty good. I had previous tried my Nvidia FX 5700 on a socket A Via board, but there was some incompatibility with the AGP slot not being the Universal AGP 3.0 or something along those lines.. it was a year ago. Are those Biostar boards new enough to nurture an FX card?

What board did you try it on? I ran my FX 5700 Ultra on a VIA board for years without problems. Still have the board actually, but the card I sold to a friend long ago.

• 4 weeks later...

So it says not to edit that page..

Where's the page we CAN edit? Because I have an entire older computer, a few peripherals and about 100,000,000,000 coaxial cables never used..

And I've got 3 desk full of those cables.. I need to start making room lol.

So where's the google doc we can actually post them in? I'm good with spreadsheets (I do my monthly budgeting in Excel), so i don't mind helping out when I have the time.

Oops, it's supposed to read don't edit this sheet.

Assuming I have the permissions set properly you cab just open the right sheet and add whatever you want.

Ah, alright. I guess I took it too literally. I'll start rifling through my inventory to see what I can post to the list.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Got a Xigmatek heatsink I won on OCC a couple of years ago. I'll add it to the list.

It's been used before, my friend no longer needs it so has returned it to me. It's in perfect condition, I just need to remove some dust.

EDIT: I'll add it to the list when I get off of work

EDIT2: Alright the cpu cooler is a Xigmatek S1284 CPU Cooler won back in OCCs 2009 Christmas contest.

Edited by My_Inner_Fred