GTX 560's Reviewed

Bosco

Seriously, is no1 impressed or confused by the fact that the OCed GTX 560 beats or is almost identical to the OCed GTX 570 in nearly every game? I know on OCC lately, many have asked 6970 or 470? Many have also suggested the 570 for this question. With the results of both of these reviews, why would anyone spend $100 more only to gain a tiny amount of vram for a card that on most of the OCC suite benchmarks performs under the OC 560? Although my level of excitment isn't where I thought it would be for the GTX 560 (partly due to how impressed I still am over the 460) I still see a card that is very impressive, especially where it is priced! 2 of thee are still cheaper than a GTX 580, and I'm sure you would get a nice performance increase! Any time frame on when we can see 2 of these puppies in SLI? I am very anxious to see how well they scale. Doesn't one of the reviewers (cough, cough) have 2 at his disposal ;)

You have to realize that I do not spend the whole day testing and writing reviews (Ok only on weekends) as the missus makes me work! Also the time commitment to test the cards is pretty brutal to get it done right for each set of numbers so you are looking at a ton of hours there. There are only 24 hours in a day and I burn about 20 of them each day between work and ......Play?

I will have something coming but have a full plate right now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, is no1 impressed or confused by the fact that the OCed GTX 560 beats or is almost identical to the OCed GTX 570 in nearly every game? I know on OCC lately, many have asked 6970 or 470? Many have also suggested the 570 for this question. With the results of both of these reviews, why would anyone spend $100 more only to gain a tiny amount of vram for a card that on most of the OCC suite benchmarks performs under the OC 560? Although my level of excitment isn't where I thought it would be for the GTX 560 (partly due to how impressed I still am over the 460) I still see a card that is very impressive, especially where it is priced! 2 of thee are still cheaper than a GTX 580, and I'm sure you would get a nice performance increase! Any time frame on when we can see 2 of these puppies in SLI? I am very anxious to see how well they scale. Doesn't one of the reviewers (cough, cough) have 2 at his disposal ;)

do i got a treat for you:

GTX 560 SLi Review

and you wouldnt believe how much 2 of these babies destroy the gtx 580. Its a slaughter..... All while being ever so cheaper.

I am still hopeful for more sli reviews, hehe

Edited by ocre

You have to realize that I do not spend the whole day testing and writing reviews (Ok only on weekends) as the missus makes me work! Also the time commitment to test the cards is pretty brutal to get it done right for each set of numbers so you are looking at a ton of hours there. There are only 24 hours in a day and I burn about 20 of them each day between work and ......Play?

I will have something coming but have a full plate right now.

No problem! I completely understand, was really just trying to be funny with the cough, cough ;)

do i got a treat for you:

GTX 560 SLi Review

and you wouldnt believe how much 2 of these babies destroy the gtx 580. Its a slaughter..... All while being ever so cheaper.

I am still hopeful for more sli reviews, hehe

Um, for the price, all I have to say is WoW, and not World of Warcraft WoW, more like Crysis WoW :thumbsup:

We have plenty of reviewers, we need more review editors. If you want to be a staff member, start working on your grammar tongue.gif

You guys see the articles but not necessarily the work that goes on behind the scenes to get you the best reviews possible. Just an example:

-Negotiations with vendors for products and agreeing to/adjusting NDA terms and conditions

-Getting the products, verifying that they work, spending hours on the phone getting replacements when they don't

-Trying to figure out how the features work when the pre-release documentation sucks

-Setting up the test equipment, re-installing fresh copies of the OS, getting the latest drivers from the manufacturers

-Trying to figure out why standard testing products no longer fully load the cards and then trying to figure out a way to get you guys real-world numbers that help you make your buying decisions

-Re-running complete suites of tests when anomolies show up

-Getting the damn charts to work rolleyes.gif

-Then, there's a bunch of editing that needs to happen to help ensure the reviews we deliver to you are of the highest possible quality

Most of us do this with no compensation. We do it because we love the industry, we love you guys and we really, really love new toys cheers.gif

we really, really love new toys Posted Image

Lol. After the first couple that would probably be the reason i would stick it. Though you say no compensation.... new toys would be enough compensation for me.

You may change your tune after a weekend of reviews to meet tight deadlines that results in four hours sleep, an angry wife and a dog that pisses on your leg because he thinks you're now part of the furniture biggrin.gif And I don't even do reviews anymore, I'm just lobbying on behalf of the great gang of reviewers that OCC has.

But, on another note, I had this thought last night....

Why don't the manufacturers flip the board layouts? The way video cards are installed in cases with windows these days results in us getting to look at the back of the PCBs. Why not put the shrouds with their manufacturer's logos and art on the other side of the board so that we see that instead?

Yup, was having trouble sleeping last night happy.gif