new home server.

Tjj226_Angel

Since these guys are handling your hardware questions, and Doc has given you good advice on LAN sharing, I'll pipe in with external WAN sharing and access tools.

For external access to files stored on your server I highly recommend Filezilla server. It's a great FTP server, and will work with about any FTP client that I've tried. Setup is simple and maintaining your FTP server is painless. I personally like to have external access and control on the one machine that also runs my FTP server, and while some folks like Window's built in Remote Access tool, I like UltraVNC.

Things you would need;

Filezilla FTP Server

FTP Client for any PC that wants to remotely download content (the Filezilla FTP client is a solid choice)

UltraVNC Server and Client

What I am going to do is breech the subject to my mom to try and get my christmas gift money for black friday too, and just build the thing right.

Either that or I just say F-U mom (only because she becomes incredibly difficult to work with when it comes to computers) and just upgrade to x79 and be happy.

I hate not having a job. I used to be able to buy all of this, housing, and several other things. But now that I started taking on so many classes, I can't work. I know that means I can start working at a better job sooner than I originally intended, but it is frustrating to have such a strict budget.

Either that or I just say F-U mom (only because she becomes incredibly difficult to work with when it comes to computers) and just upgrade to x79 and be happy.

If you need an X79 board shoot me or BluePanda a PM. :cheers: