Audio and Mic jack to USB for the PS3?

Tjj226_Angel

Hey, I was wondering of any of you guys know if there is a Audio and Mic jack to USB converter for the PS3. I want to be able to use my razor headset and most importantly microphone, but I haven't found anything. Any thoughts?

What your sound set up?

You can usually pull it from your tv or receiver depending how you have your ps3 set up.

That is what I am doing right now which is great for sound, but I can't do anything about the microphone.

If by sound set up, you mean type of headset, then it would be the razer carcharias. Other than that it is just a tv and PS3 (minus my pc :biggrin: )

Ahh mic too

(I could care less about the headphones but you are already doing what I would have suggested)

Although in terms of the mic input though not sure if it's possible or if you would need the specifically branded or certified Sony crap. Will have a look.

For audio you can use a RCA to 3.5mm adapter (varies designs and models), I'm still searching for a 3.5mm mic solution.

Or something like this Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Stereo Headset Audio Adapter (may or may not work)

Just make sure that w/e USB solution you choose is driver-less. A lot of those pro console gamers use mix-amps too, but those cost substantially more and offer Stereo Surround.

Edited by AZNguyen

there have been numerous successes with cheap usb to mic and headphone jacks although all of them seem limited to only the mic working. So you will need to use whatever set up you have going at the moment to keep sound going but you can get your mic working too.

Well, I thought I was going to be tricky. I got in a USB sound card today. I thought that maybe I could out smart sony's little BS game by making the USB take aduio, but it beat me outright because I didn't even get the microphone to work :pfp::doh::lol:

Can someone answer why I didn't get MW3 for the PC :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

• 4 weeks later...